Posted: Feb 1st 2011 7:45PM claytondora said

In addition to species, I am pretty sure each character class has access to two different background options. This is a good thing, as it allows for further customization of ones character. I just really hope I get to make my Mon Cal Trooper...

Which I think is a reasonable hope.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 10:04PM Interitus said

@claytondora

Actually the background you pick determines your species.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 7:45PM Saker said

I couldn't possibly disagree more about Carl Jung! The man's writings are incredible! The man's wisdom and insight were without limit! Complex yes, definitely as the mind is. So sorry he couldn't dumb-it down for simple minds to comprehend. Only boring to, well, again, simple minds. If more people understood the depth and profundity of his writings the world would be a radically better, saner place. Why do people always believe they're entitled to simple easy answers to anything that actually matters, to anything of depth and true relevance? Maybe that's just why the world is so lacking in real meaning.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 8:03PM Resurge said

@Saker

or maybe you're taking an MMO blog a bit too seriously :)

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 8:26PM Rimeshade said

@Saker

Is that why Jung's writings are largely discredited by most official psychological institutions and their fellows? Or are you being sarcastic?

Although his works are interesting, I'll give you that. They're not factual or scientific though.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 2:16AM Hyperwolf said

As an old school pnp guy, I do think that MMO's can do with tools that help a player flesh out their character backgrounds. I see it in the demo's of GW2 and TOR, and I think once people experience it will come to expect it in future releases.

@Saker
I think you're entitled to disagree with the OP. Don't overdo it and make it into a vehicle to lord it over everyone else eh. Apologies if you are just being sarcastic; I frankly can't tell.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 12:35PM XOR said

This has to be the worst comment I've ever seen in a blog:

"If you haven't read any of the works of Carl Jung, I suggest keeping it that way. They are quite complicated and boring. However ... I suggest reading some of the Wikipedia entries about him and his writing."

Not only does Larry Everett make himself a critic of a classic/fundamental scholar, he then uses that scholar's concept to base his own blog, and finally states that he is an advocate for the "Cliffs Notes" way of learning. Nice post.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 1:34AM x0fx3 said

I most of the times, I tend to try to make my avatars look some what like me. as far as hair color, eye color and skin tone/color etc. I'm human and pround of it and I play as males. All the aliens in the traverse can go ****, stealin humies and probin people and crap. Wearing human skin trying to blend in! Watch it buddy! Cuz I'm watchin you! >;D

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM