Posted: Feb 1st 2011 9:14AM FritzFricia said

I would tell people to wait a month or so after release so that bugs and glitches can be fixed on the servers.
I for one think this is a great move forward for PWE and has very little relation to PWI. Each class has a purpose and the movement forward in levels is significant enough to make life interesting in game.
Some tips? Have a good time in game, the LFG feature for instances is great when you just need to get that one instance done, or need a little more xp.
Elites drop what you need for those "NPC Gears". And sometimes they are camped, just keep wandering around the map because each monster has an Elite version somewhere.
Don't cry if you don't get the Blue gear you want, i spent the better part of a week trying to get lvl 20 marksmen gear and not a single one dropped tha ti didn't have.
Oh and do your Rep stuff ASAP, lvl 30 is when you get your perm mount from them for 30g, but you need level 4 in the corresponding group.

Oh, and leave your "just like WoW" stuff behind. Just because its just like saying "There were raise boobs on EverChest"

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 9:29AM Sladden said

The game seems great, to be a F2P from PWE!

Now we just gotta hope they make a GOOD cash shop, and not a Pay 2 Win one.....

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 9:55AM Redzbull said

Don't be hating. I was expecting to find a new refreshing mmo from PWE with Forsaken World, but only felt like I was playing Perfect World with different graphics. Floating guild halls don't make me want to play a game, and If you played LOTRO hanging out at your house or guild house ain't exactly a happening thing :P, more of a walk-in bank space. I wish them the best with Forsaken World on the release date on March 23rd. But there are far better mmo's on the horizon.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 10:04AM MotionX said

Have they updated the graphics engine to support AA yet? I know its not a gamebreaker for some, but I personally can't STAND jaggies glittering everywhere, it really takes away from the look for me. I'm running with an ATI card, and while in the beta couldn't even force the AA.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 10:17AM Lateris said

I really love the concept of floating guild halls. It reminds me of the 80's classic flash gordan movie.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 11:47AM TheElvenAssassin said

This game looks like Perfect World, except without the cuteness factor. Might actually be good. Unless my computer won't play it. ;P

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 12:09PM InventionExchange said

Anyone else getting godawful frame rates when they enter a city with a bunch of people? The solo game was extremely smooth for me but get near a crowd and it slows to a crawl.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 1:27PM 5howtime said

I had the same experience. I even adjusted the video settings. I can play medium-high everywhere except cities. But even bumping the settings down in cities did nothing for the frame rate. If there was a difference, it was negligible.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 12:47PM Kasen said

I had tried the beta, it seamed like a fun mmo but what killed it for me was no ability to invert your mouse...which I thought was very odd. Does anyone know if they implemented this yet?

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 2:20PM Dogorox said

The Cash shop will be a huge factor in whether I play this game much. Anything beyond cosmetic or convenience items ruins F2P's imo. I don't mind paying for extra bag slots or custom armor dyes or other items of low gameplay impact. But I won't get invested in a game that allows greater use of the CS to give a large play advantage, because I do not enjoy such a system.
That won't keep me from checking in for free playtime on occasion if the game is fun.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 2:41PM Zantom said

For a F2P this one is pretty good. With very limited play time in both games, it sort of felt like Rift to me. Well a little bit anyway.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 3:50PM RaxorX said

Such a long wait to play. Good thing for me there is episode 5 in Vindictus, the genesis expansion in Perfect World International, and Marvel vs Capcom 3 to hold me over.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 8:14PM claytondora said