Posted: Feb 1st 2011 1:22PM JohnFordColey said

I'm always excited for new content, even if it is kind of cheesy this time around. I was hoping for more info on bug fixes, but it sounds like that's going to be for March. Still, the devs seem to have a handle on what needs to be worked on, so here's hoping DCUO continues strong.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 4:07PM kalipou134 said

They need to ask him what they intend to do about Animation Cancelling, animation clipping and macroing.

Thats the one question we need an answer to asap.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 1:42PM AT3374 said

Played the beta , and may get this by the time my sub to CoH runs out . Nice alternative when CoH gets to reduntant . Much success DCUO !!!!

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 2:29PM Canucklehead said

@AT3374

Couldn't agree more! The best thing for the MMO genre would be for 8 or 9 successful titles for us to choose from. I have a sub that needs to expire, but may give this a shot at my money.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 1:57PM BigAndShiny said

I don't think it's AMAZINGLY successful. Maybe compared to soe's other games, but not to the AAA market in general.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 3:00PM aurickle said

@BigAndShiny
I suspect that the lion's share of the game's success comes from the Playstation market. That's a share that has not had much in the way of offerings until now and the game is definitely slanted in its design toward the console crowd. I can see where what felt awkward and limiting on the keyboard would feel a lot more smooth with a controller.

So DCUO will go strong for the simple reason that it doesn't have any real competition at this time. Even if PC gamers were to mostly turn their backs on the game (which won't happen), it will still continue to be a success thanks to the console.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 2:23PM Lucid Renegade said

• Half a heart
Looks like the fanbois are lurking today.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 3:01PM Lucid Renegade said

• Half a heart
Try again.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 3:32PM Itoao said

I know you probably did this interview several days ago. The thing I am concerned about now that I was trying to play PVP more is exploits. Seems like taking a look at the forums will give you info on what is happening and it is very discouraging.
I am really enjoying the game but I would love to see them focus on improving the performance overall of the UI instead of new stuff to do. I think there is plenty to do at the moment. Nice to see voice chat will be looked at also. I just want less hype machine talk and more honest "its really early but we are working to improve the PVP queues and attack animation clipping"
Still in wait and see mode.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 8:47PM JuliusSeizure said

@Itoao

Um, I really hope they don't have their content creators try to work on improving the UI, just like I wouldn't want the inverse. I want them to have their staff work on the things they're good at, the things they were hired for, not the thing that is getting the most complaints.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 3:49PM Rooher said

Itoao I agree with you, they should fix what is wrong now before adding new stuff.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 3:53PM smg77 said

• Half a heart
Can't wait to see Chris Cao announce that DCUO will be getting a New Game Enhancement patch.

Enjoy the game now, fanboys, because SOE will destroy it when they decide there aren't enough players.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 4:08PM badpenny said

shortly after reaching level 30 and trying a few end game raids I have lost all interest in playing this game.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 4:39PM Dirame said

@badpenny

Did you actually finish the raids?

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 6:01PM badpenny said

@Dirame Sadly no, our group had to quit after we died for the 10th time. we made it pretty far in bat cave our first time there but people were crashing and the healers/controllers had some problems with the tab targeting to get proper targets. I did finish a few hard mode alerts, I did manage to get some tier gear but the thought of doing all that over and over again as a gear grind makes me sad in the pants.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 9:22PM Furdinand said

@badpenny Would you try raiding Bastion of Twilight without doing any heroics first? That kind of sounds like what you are did with DCUO.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 9:38PM badpenny said

@Furdinand I don't play wow anymore so I don't know, probably not.
My gear was pretty good I think, I had all level 30 blue gear most of it was for my role as controller and I had 3 lvl 30 purples for controller, the other players in the raid may have been under geared, who knows. To be more clear about what I didn't like was that it was a short FUN trip to level 30 but now the raid, duo, hard-alert grinding is not enough to keep me playing. Its a fun game and I hope other people continue to enjoy it but I got bored of it fast.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 5:11PM FireMark said

They better start fixing this game or else I'll cancel my account, I can't play it because it crashes a few seconds after zoning in. So far I haven't found a fix on the forums. sooooo frustrating...

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 6:47PM Yellowdancer said

@FireMark

I've played the game since beta...so what 4 months now. I probably crashed 10 times total. Since release, I've crashed once. Its really not so much a them problem as a problem with PC's in general. You have to be patient and just wait till they can figure out all the different configuration issues.

But if you do leave, can I have your stuff?

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 8:56PM FireMark said

@Yellowdancer LOL not much to give since I've yet to play pass the first 5 seconds of the tutorial. me is sad panda =(

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM