Posted: Jan 31st 2011 11:08PM ChongShin said

Good game, slow leveling, lots of forced group game play and fairly "old school" in a number of ways. Completely abandoned by the developer (they've essentially just forgotten to turn off the switch) and small community..

Also, animal heads slapped onto human bodies is awfully lame. Just say'n.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 11:21PM Cheith said

Great game, at least for a quest/level based game, which allows you to explore, take your time and generally enjoy yourself. It really is a shame how SOE have let it slowly die, but then much of the original player base only have themselves to blame with their anti-SOE rants, raves and posturings.

Crafting system was excellent, and I did enjoy my time leveling up several different characters and exploring the lands with good guilds both times I played.

I think, though, to be honest the world has unfortunately passed an excellent game by and it is too late to save it.
C.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 11:26PM Nucleon said

If SOE showed any interest that they will support it, add content and develop it for the future I'd be all over it, as I think many many gamers would. Otherwise I'm just not willing to set up show in a home which will never improve and may disappear in the immediate 1-24 months.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 2:14AM Germaximus said

I recently played the trial for an hour or two. I must apologize, those graphics are actually surprisingly nice. The screenshots i saw definitely did not do it justice.
Theyre not the best graphics but im impressed.

Cool game, it really is a shame it died out.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 7:07AM Dread said

I've played this game and really enjoyed it a lot...until I get to around Level 20 and with 0 people playing it dies in the arse and I uninstall it and find something that I can play and progress with actual living people.

Bung in a cash shop and turn it F2P and the server will explode with people lining up to get back into this game.

In all honesty, its a no brainer SOE - you utter morons. Turbine proved it can be done with great success. Vanguard has a lot of people like me that will refuse to pay top dollar for a deserted game.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 9:26AM Sladden said

I have played over 30 mmorps the past 2 years, alot of free ones and some famous ones. Of all those, Vanguard is still on the top 3 list for me. The game is so beautiful, the music, the content, the graphics (not the best graphics, but I love the style), combat et etc. Just imagine how good the game could be if we had alot of players and alot of devs working on it....it's like a dream!

But to be honest, "sniff", there is a small chanse for SOE to do something with it. Vanguard is like EQ2, but better and SOE just brought the game so they could destroy it. But I and alot of other peoples think Vanguard is better, and I REALLY REALLY HOPE, that SOE will mkae the game F2P with a Cash Shop so it will be populare = devs, more players, more fun, more updates etc etc.

I would spend alot of money just to keep the game up if it goes F2P!

I pray everyday for SOE making it F2P...(not really, but almost).

I like SOE, but because of this I don't like them so much...

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 11:37AM SnarlingWolf said

Vanguard will never pull itself out of the ditch it is in, never.

First there are the people who have no interest in that type of grindy, long travel game (and yes despite the one guy's quote it is much more grindy and slow paced than other MMOs).

Second, a lot of the people that would be interested in that style tried it on launch (like myself). That launch was so utterly horrible, so poorly handled, so poorly communicated, and not at all compensated. That alone will keep those people, and me, from ever touching this game again. Literally the only way they could get me to even consider stepping foot in this game is to repay me my box fee and some other compensation.

You get 1 chance as an MMO these days, there are too many other choices. So when you screw up so amazingly, like they did, you are done. There is no coming back from that. People won't go "Oh they screwed over everyone that bought the game and got in at launch but I should give them the benefit of the doubt now and try them out."

And no, SOE will never increase the developing budget for this game when they have other titles doing so much better which also have huge potential to be cash cows. What company would spend more money on the game that can't possible repay the investment over titles that have the chance to make 10s of millions easily.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 2:55PM boojiboy71 said

Vanguard is such a superior MMO in so many respects, too many to go into here. Needless to say I, and my entire guild, thoroughly enjoyed Vanguard for over 3-years but ultimately the lack of development and support resulted in us leaving the game.

Yes, SoE did get it to a much better place when they took it over from Sigil but after getting APW and some other huge content additions out the door, the resources for the game were diverted elsewhere.

I loved the game, the community, darn near everything about Vanguard was awesome and if they re-launched, re-dedicated or otherwise invested more into the game I would go back into a second.

Our guild is going to play Rift and although Rift is OK, it's really made us all miss Vanguard even more because that game did SO much right.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 7:31AM (Unverified) said

I wish SOE would change their pricing on their more neglected games.
$30 for the Station Pass is too much when there are only two games that I like and both of them are getting the typical SOE benign neglect treatment.
I wont pay $15 a month for a game that is almost ignored by it's developer.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 3:40PM Norvak said

This is my fav game ive played from SOE. If they made it F2P then the population would get a boost, which is what the game really needs.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014