Posted: Jan 31st 2011 6:13PM toychristopher said

Ugh this article makes me want to play a guardian when I had finally decided to play an elementalist. I guess I should really wait and give each character a go before I decide on one anyway.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 6:19PM Yoh said

Well this is to be expected.
Pretty mush just confirming what most of us already predicted about the nature of the Guardian class.

Still, it's good to iron all the details out, and get a sense of what the developers think about it.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 6:32PM Minofan said

Thanks for the new insight, Rubi, Jeff & Eric. ^_^

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 7:28PM MotionX said

Yeah, I'll probably try out most of the classes, but my main (which hasn't been announced yet :/ ) is always the assassin/rogue class. Looking forward to see what they have in store for it.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 9:05PM agitatedandroid said

I'm somehow always drawn to this sort of class from my first WoW Paladin and now the guardian. It's not the spell casting heavy armor idea so much as it is the "watch everyone else's back" idea.

I think I may be leaning towards a sylvari guardian at this point. Biggest problem with Guild Wars 2 is that it leaves me not wanting to play any other game but GW2 and we still have so long to wait.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 9:53PM Seldra said

One thing I gotta say is the guys and gals of the GW fan community really did an amazing job predicting this class almost dead on. It was amazing how accurate they were to the actual class preview.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 5:52AM slash beast said

lol @ 55 monk reference

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 10:10AM Lateris said

I am really excited for this game to be released. I always pre order my games at game stop with a 5.00 deposit. For this one I am going with the CE paid in full. That is how much confidence I have in this studio and I want to support them since i am an ex North Westerner!

I am into all the classes.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 9:52PM Valdamar said

I rarely play support characters, but I'm planning to play a Paragon soon in GW1 and I may play a Guardian in GW2 - but probably not until after I've played Warrior and Ranger ;)

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 12:19AM fritzywiggins said

YES. I commented on a blog post before they released the guardian that I wanted to play an armored spellcaster, and it's like A-Net set out to fulfill my dreeeeams. I really respect the secular nature of the Guardian class, as well--I've never liked when a game tells me that, just because I want to play a melee spellcaster, my character is going to have to be either some good/evil zealot archetype. Of course, the Charr being a playable race necessitate that no class be intrinsically linked to religion, but still~