Posted: Jan 31st 2011 10:08PM Dblade said

what ps2 limitations? Last I heard the PS2 DNAS servers were going down or were inactive for a lot of the day. Are they still beating that dead horse? Any PS2 users probably would have upgraded by now.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 12:38AM Syesta said

@Dblade The PS2 is very short on memory not dedicated to video and audio. All of the auto-translate texts are loaded into that memory so that they can be sifted through, sorted, and immediately available when you hit tab. Unfortunately, I don't this is memory that is expandable.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 12:39AM Syesta said

@Syesta Whoa, i accidentally that last line. Revision: "I don't THINK this is memory that is expandable"

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 1:05AM Terical said

It would be asking too much to add 4 more macro lines for a total of 10. Why would one need 10 lines? A player could make have macro for clothing and accessories instead of having to quickly fill up 6 lines and create another for one or more important item that could not fit in the first macro. Doing an action without having the /wait (insert number) taking up a space. Which has me wondering, how are they even going to take care of the /wait command that just takes up space anyway?

I'm skeptical of the experience boost. I don't think they will do a thing about it, just saying there will be an experience boost just to be saying it.

I for one am tired of taking on toughs, seems tough, very tough and incredibly tough and not getting a consistent amount of exp back. 100, 125 or 150 and the rarest 200. Bad enough just to obtain 8k exp to reach next level (52), with the return amount exp from the mobs, it feels longer. But, to find out the requirement for the next level jumps by 1.2k experience and having to fill the experience bar with not pleasant returns when killing tough mobs makes it annoying.

Consoles and MMOs are bound to have limitations. If Square Enix ever decides on giving up on the PlayStation 2, they will run into problems with the Xbox 360. But to use the "PS2 limitations" as a mean to prevent or delay much needed things such as more macro lines is getting old and stupid.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 10:46AM warpax said

mixing traditional MMOs and console was and is a bad idea. Its ok for games like DCUO which are not traditional MMORPGS
Its nice to see that they continue to try to better FFXI.... I wish theyd hurry with their FFXIV doOver..I'm curious to see the game we should have got.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM