Posted: Jan 30th 2011 7:48PM Nucleon said

From the looks of it this feature may just be good in giving us casuals something to do when we lack the time to get involved in a really complex null sec corporation. I always found with Eve that if I couldn't regularly commit to times to play (to qualify for the cooler corporations), there wasn't much to do other than mission, mine, and trade when I only had an hour or 2 to play.

Posted: Jan 30th 2011 7:50PM Nucleon said

@Nucleon WTB edit button. Also forgot to mention. With Rift coming up, anyone notice how more games are implementing public quest style systems, which I think is an awesome advancement in the genre. How long before Blizz has their own? What do you want to bet it's up their sleeve just like the dungeon finder was up their sleeve for mid-wrath.

Posted: Jan 30th 2011 8:38PM Derf said

@Nucleon

I think this is just a refinement that Warhammer brought forth, both Rift and Eve have taken it and shaped it in their own ways. We'll see what will happen with WoW, but it wouldn't surprise me. There's pressure from Rift and GW2 to have a more dynamic world.

Posted: Jan 30th 2011 10:32PM Dblade said

Meh. Be nice if it was more than "Get RR buffer tanked Battleships and Logis." Most of the aspects you list just need one separate ship to do, and the rest is what I listed. They need to have more limited sites for frigs, cruisers, and other specialized ships.

Plus lowsec and 0.0 aren't really seeing spontaneous PvP: only hisec incursions are getting cleared at a decent pace.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 1:55AM Nucleon said

@Dblade

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 4:03AM Ragemaster9999 said

• 1 heart
I've done a few incursions over the last week, and I noticed that those with PVP experience were having an easier time tackling them then the traditonal carebears or "indy players".

Everything you know about fleet engagements in PVP is applicable here. What a spider tank is, how logi's work, how a fleet operates... how to follow FC order... ect ect all of this stuff that is used everyday in destruction of other player's assets is 100% needed for PVE incursions.

The bear tears on day one were quite tasty, and quite a few witty players made a small fortune by scooping all the faction-fitted battleships that were littering the sites.

As a veteran player who has done everything from -10 pirating, blob battles in 00 to high sec wardeck griefing, I can say this is the first time in my six years of play that I actully ENJOYED making isk and saw it as a fun activity instead of a chore to replace my losses...

Getting into a fleet and fighting smart AI that posed a very real threat to our hac and logi gang made for a very welcome change to level 4 missions or belt ratting. Now, If only I could get enough LPs to get one of the new meta items for my dread =)

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 9:46AM Dirame said

@Ragemaster9999

LoL.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 9:46AM Xilmar said

only had the time to do one incursion start to finish, but it was great fun. actually surprised to see generally good cooperation between players and quite good AI on the NPC end.

was still waiting to see if the expansion was good or not, but now i'm kinda convinced it deserves a thumbs up. ofc the interest will slowly go down in time, but i'm betting people will still be doing em. especially when they hit the main missioning hubs or crowded systems.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 3:24PM O Hawk said

Hi Obsidian here. I want to thank the massively guys who showed up on day one of the incursions, and joined our hero fleet of the Algintenal constellation.

My comments, incursions are difficult and those carebears learned a hard lesson in eve really fast, when it says 5-10 people or 10-20 people, you dont warp in solo.

The big thing is fleet composition, as I was talking with the massively corp guys in game, you need 1 logistics ship for every 4 people in your fleet just to keep them alive, and half the fleet needs to be able to hit the small ships. They are a lot of fun and offer a huge difference to the normal grind in eve.

The biggest point of these incursions is, you get a lot of enemies working together to fend off the incursions and restore peace. After playing in eve for 4 years I had never seen so many enemies working together and cooperating like i do in incursions.