Posted: Jan 28th 2011 4:21PM pcgneurotic said

I thought the title was 'The clam before the storm' .... Even so, I'm really anticipating February in DDO; Turbine give really good event, plus it'll be an excuse to brag about my Stormreach box on the shelf here. :D

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 8:06PM aurickle said

I don't get it. DDO was basically on life support before going f2p. LotRO was not. LotRO is also now supposedly seeing three times the revenue as before switching to f2p. So why is it that DDO is turning out updates at a pace significantly faster than LotRO?

Don't get me wrong; I wish DDO all the best. I'm just mystified.

Posted: Jan 29th 2011 1:15AM cyanpill said

@aurickle
DDO went f2p a year earlier then lotro. Also, they are insisting on putting out more content in one lump with lotro- I think when this next one comes out it'll be huge.

Posted: Jan 29th 2011 2:09AM DiscoJer said

@aurickle

It's been like that since D&DO went F2P, they basically get new content every couple of months. They pulled off almost all the devs from LOTRO and had them work on D&DO.

I guess they've hired a few new ones since, but we in LOTRO won't be seeing anything notable until Isengard, still almost a year off. And that will be $20 in TP most likely.

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 4:32AM reaktorblock said

Maybe the DDO content is easyer to create and integrate? Turbine released small chunks of content for DDO. If I recall right, there was only one wilderness area (red fens) that was released since free to play. The rest was small dungeons or some additions to stormreach city.

There were propably some big areas, that take a lot of time to finish for LOTRO in work when the decision to go f2p was made. I am just guessing around because I dont beliefe that Turbine wont give LOTRO lesser love than DDO.
Overall this game seemed to me more targeted at selling big boxed addons. Guess this is not so easy to change to a f2p model.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 11:17PM cowboyhugbees said

I'd like a patch to update some graphical and interface issues.

1) You can't bind emotes to the keyboard

2) Characters STILL carry their weapons at all times, with no ability to sheathe them (aside from the lame /sheathe command)