Posted: Jan 27th 2011 9:21PM tk421242 said

I have to admit, I had been waiting for Jumpgate Evolution information for so long that I had completely ignored this title till yesterday I think it was I watched it on the massively livestreaming session, which by the way is a great feature.

Anyway, after watching that segment I started doing more reading on this title and this looks like some good news. I certainly hope the folks developing Jumpgate pay attention and start releasing some more info, they appear to have a serious contender for an action oriented space fighter game.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 9:40PM (Unverified) said

@tk421242 Jumpgate Evolution is all but dead. The Leads and CEO behind Netdevil and the Original Jumpgate has already left the company and moved on. Jumpgate Evolution has changed its designs so many times now that its nothing like Jumpgate and only carries the name (not telling if that will get changed or not at this point).

Jumpgate is now being developed by a Japanese Development studio for a Eastern launch with no word on if it will even see a western launch or not.

Thats why you havent seen much if any information on the title in the last year. The game as we wanted and knew it would be when it was first announced is all but dead now.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 9:53PM tk421242 said

@(Unverified)

I remember when they pulled all the information on it off the web for the most part. I thought for sure that was the end of it. It seemed like they were trashing everything they had done and going back to the first step, then only a small amount of info came out and I do not recall reading anything about it again.

Either way I am not really losing sleep over it, not my typical genre of game, but what I saw on the livestream was at least stable and smooth.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 12:45AM BrokenMedley said

Its worse then developers just leaving jumpgate. Codemasters is suing NetDevil for delays, there is a story on joystiq about this somewhere.

Regarding this sale, I have hopes for Black Prophecy, and I would like to know a little more about the logistics of this sale, because selling a game as it enters one of its most critical phase of development (final testing, and live server deployment) seems like a bad idea.

Fingers crossed that this helps more then it hurts. A large budget dog fighting MMO would be great.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 2:30AM Controlled Chaos said

I think cautious optimism is usually par for the course in this sort of situation. I typically have no luck when it comes to games that I actually would love to see come out, as they usually end up flopping horribly or ending up in Development Hell. This one, though, seems promising, so hopefully it's pretty good when it comes out.

I'd be more concerned if Gamigo hadn't already been heavily involved with it from the start. If an involved company takes control, usually it tends to be fine. If a third party leaps in and purchases it, that's usually a sign that things are heading for trouble.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 3:57AM Lobotomist said

I am in Black Prophecy beta for long time now. (Its ok NDA dropped)

And I can tell you that they nail space combat perfectly. Its even better than Freelancer.

The game looks good and plays great.

But it isnt open as let say EVE. Its more of mission running in lot of instanced space maps.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 8:03AM kobeathris said

@Lobotomist

Have you played World of Tanks? I really like the instant action and short time commitment that it has, and I am hoping Black Prophecy will be another game that I can play in short bursts, rather than needing a big chunk of time to get anything done.

Do you feel like you can get something done playing 15 minutes to half an hour, or do you really need more time than that to get where you are going to accomplish anything?

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 11:18AM Lobotomist said

@kobeathris

Yea. Its bit like that.

Very casual

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 1:38PM Kaahn Stewart said

@Lobotomist

The words "Freelancer" and "Better than" in the same sentence describing space combat?

You, my good sir, have just made my day.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 7:03PM Valkesh said

Does this mean they can design an account system/website that doesn't suck so much now?

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 8:32PM pixelmonkey said

Looks good! Reminds me of old X-wing vs. Tie fighters days only gone MMO style! This one is on my radar...

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 11:56PM Ragemaster9999 said

2 months since the investment and not a peep has been heard on the news front of this game? something must be very wrong