Posted: Jan 27th 2011 6:10PM Rindon said

• 1 heart
Wow this is a pretty neat function imo. Too bad its on a dated game that I do not play :-) Still, thats awesome.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 7:30PM DataShade said

Couple of points/problem/complaints.

1.) It's a free app
2.) eq2players.station.sony.com and its attendant features, a supposed value-add for StationAccess (29.99/mo) subscribers, has been dead/unavailable since late 2009
3.) The search function on everquest2.com has not been updated to reflect the recent server merges.
4.) There is no way on everquest2.com to search for characters on the Freeport (EQ2X) server.

So ... how do I access the content of this new app through a normal PC/normal browser? Is there a way to

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 7:38PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
This game is so old/over now.......

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 9:09PM eyeball2452 said

I think the mobile apps are a good extension for games, but I'd rather someone build a solid MMO before trying to expand it into other mediums.

I'm just saying, most MMOs, even very mature ones, make startup software companies look pretty good from a quality standpoint. The genre needs to improve it's QA/QE processes and core competencies before doing this type of stuff and that goes for everyone ... SOE, EA, Activision, etc.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 3:54AM hami83 said

Being able to chat on the go is awesome. It brings a higher level of social immersion to MMOs.

WoWs mobile app should have this for free to paid accounts. Talk to your guild and talk in the world channels.

I also think there should be a website that lets you chat in the channels if you have an active account too for these games.

Posted: Jan 29th 2011 10:46AM DataShade said

@hami83
Yeah, Sony *had* that for EQ2. The name of the site where you could chat with your guild was called "everquest2.com," all you had to do was log in and click on "My Profile," but it's been broken on the website for about a year.

I think it broke around the same time SOE announced they were going to start looking into making Facebook and mobile apps. The idea that there'd be chat access in the mobile app without fixing chat on the website would be hilarious, if Sony hadn't told this joke about once every six months since 1998.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 4:34AM Dumac said

Does anyone really use these mmo apps ? And i really mean use not fiddle around when they are bored.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 6:57AM pcgneurotic said

@Dumac

That's the best question yet. I suspet those EVE nuts use their Capsuleer apps a lot, but what about the WoW or LoTRO ones? This EQ2 one looks at least like it's been designed to take advantage of bigger screens, which is cool.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 7:29AM Damn Dirty Ape said

@Dumac

I use the WoW Armory app quite a bit. It's an easy way to check on my auction status without actually having to log any of my character's in. I also use it to browse for upgrades to my equipment, and to plan out my talents.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 3:58PM winterborn said

Broken crap as usual from $oE but what else is new.
I am sure in version 2.0 you will be able to buy some XP potions with Smedbucks while your at work......not working.

Posted: Jan 29th 2011 12:59PM DataShade said

@winterborn
I'm as sick as anyone of SOE shipping broken/incomplete crap, or taking working games and wrecking/closing them, but please do two things.
1.) Never use the $ instead of an S ever again
2.) Learn the difference between "your" and "you're."

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories