Posted: Jan 26th 2011 7:45PM Drdemon411 said

Your posts are excellent. I love reading about your adventures in Wizard101. See, I'm kinda an ex-W101 player; I still play the game, but rarely. I didn't stop playing because of the child friendly zone or because I got tired of playing; I actually stopped because I didn't have many real life friends that played the game. Whenever I tried to talk one of my friends into playing, something always seemed to go wrong; whether their computer couldn't handle it, or they just thought it looked too childish. My advice for staying interested in the game: 1. Make your friends and/or family join. Note I didn't say convince or ask ;D. You have to place them in front of the computer, have them play through a few quests (make sure they do this on their own, however, you can watch them from afar in-game ;D), then have them give you their honest opinion. I tried this one time with a friend, and they loved it. I also tried being there with a different friend and coaching them through, however, that didn't work as well. 2. Take you'r time going through the game. Read all that dialouge, cause trust me, compared to other games, it's not that much to read, plus it's easy to understand. Another thing I'd like to add; I recently got a RIFT Beta code from The Friendly Necromancer (A blogger of W101, also known as Thomas LionBlood). I was playing it today, and I was happy to be in an atmosphere like WoW again. However, it started to get boring after awhile; the constant button clicking, the immense amount of traveling distance with similar landscapes; it can get really boring really fast. This is one thing I have not encountered in W101. In all honesty, W101 is a great game that both young and old can play, and I just want to say a big thank you to KingsIsle for showing me what I want to be when I grow up (And no, I don't mean I want to be a Wizard ;) ).

-Luke GoldHorn

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 4:54PM patpenn said

Well I have a deth wizard and he has all the schools for secondary. I thick that is pretty cool too cause that way you can build all kinds of decks depending were you are in wizard. And you have 1 or two decks that have all the schools cards in them as well and a deck that is just death and life and so on and so on. That is what I think is one of the best ways too go.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 8:21PM Seldra said

Lol don't even talk about fizzles unless you're a fire or storm wizard, those seem to fail just when you need them the most!

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 4:51AM squzzi said

boy, don't get me started!! I am also addicted to the game but find it extremely frustrated that i have to keep logging in as it keeps loosing internet conection , as for the game, it says the i need to get the yardbirds but i already have, AND i have been waiting for a response for about 3 wks now. so, really good game, shame that the company can't handle it.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 12:57PM Alpha Gamer said

I play Wizard 101 with my daughters and run a Death Wizard there. I'd recommend only putting 4 points into Life for Sprite to heal groupmates, put 5 points into Ice for Tower Shield and Volcanic Shield, and pick up Reshuffle, Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap from special Balance trainers. That will take your first 12 training points. After that its up to you. Its a waste to use spells that take a lot of pips from trees other than your own since power pips do not apply. All those spells take 0-1 pip.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 1:06PM Alpha Gamer said

Well, Reshuffle takes 4 but its pretty much only a last resort type of spell anyway.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 2:32PM soulman1015 said

I have a death wizard with life as a second school. I originally went to have just those two schools, and went all the way up to Centaur... however, in most cases I found that when battling, I definitely could get the more power death spells out LONG before I could get a powerful life spell out... I then rearranged everything, and still went with life, but only as high as Satyr. I went with other schools after that...

The one thing that's the most difficult in this game for death are probably the Big Boss in Wizard City (I think it's Harvest Lord) and not till level 58 did I ever have so much difficulty with defeating a death opponent. Lol.

Trust me, any wizard from any school will tell you right off the bat that converts are a god send...

Good luck, hope to see you in!

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 2:49PM 82jp said

Listen to Alpha Gamer--don't use all of your training points on your secondary school. Non-school spells over three pips you probably won't ever use. You shouldn't need shuffle unless you like to work with a small deck. You'll want to save training points for celestia if you want to experiment with all three astral schools. Tower shield is great, and I'd recommend it for probably every other wizard but death, because of death's steal health spells. But volcanic shield will protect you against the two strongest schools, so it might be worth the training points.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 3:20PM zardozfl said

With a Death/Life Wizard I have learned the most effective way to battle is to get rid of almost all cards except drain cards & blades/shields. And of course leave in a couple of those healing spells you earned both for you & your teammates. The majority of your healing will come from your attacks. Make sure to have Spirit blade/trap & Death blade/trap in your deck. Add to them Wraith and Scarecrow (and maybe a Feint or two) and you will be unstoppable in PVE fights. I had about nine spells in my deck (multiple copies of course) from level 12-45 and this worked perfect for me. In fact some fights were just a little disappointingly easy. (When you can recover 2000+ HP with one hit & destroy your enemy at the same time it makes for a pretty quick battle. However, I learned early on that having too many spells on hand can lead to disaster while waiting for the card you need. PVP can be a little more challenging because your opponents will likely be smarter.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 4:14PM lynne2725 said

esmee moongem,as we follow through with all our quest we gain wisdom ,power and most of all very good friends and family at most i have the past 3 years of being a dedicated member . i have just been diagnosed with cancer recently and recieved a time limit to my life and my biggest support group is on Wizard 101 these very cherished friends and family members have pulled me through some very tough times these past few months.but that isnt the reason i am here all i can say is
be very choosey on the friends you pck the ones that are there for you as you are there for them hold onto they will always have your back when you need them as you will for them. complete all your quest and gain confidence along the way and once you get through it you will know with the next wizard you create will be a pice of cake. love you wizard 101 keep us happy

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 4:19PM lynne2725 said

luke you are a very interesting guy and just gotta love your wit keep on trudging you will get there esmee moongem

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 7:41PM sueh said

You should make friends with folks that know the game very well. I have 6 wizards of all different schools. All are level 60.
One tip, usually the hit fastest doesn't always live to tell the tale. Use the spells for your level and know exactly what they will do.

As for the fizzle rate, so sorry storm and fire fizzle most of any schools, but there is a way to fix that. Go to the library and get some balance spells to add to your spells. They are in different sizes, 10% 15% and 20% and get higher in the level 58 and above enhancements. It turns your regular cards into gold cards. Those cards can't be sold or traded.

When you get into crafting you'll understand you can't do it all in one day.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 9:36PM squeakandme said

I have a death grandmaster with life and balance secondary. She is the most fun grandmaster I have to play.
I like the gardening feauture because it is allowing me to gather rare reagents as well as crowns items with an investment of only a few minutes a day. I can spend thousands of dollars trying to snipe black pearls at Bazaar, or I can get a few rank 1 Pink Dandelions from bosses after Wizard CIty and get a rare reagent with every harvest. I can spend real money on crowns to buy premium pet snack packs, or I can plant a few breadfruit bushes. Hmmm. I'll go garden.
As far as pet derby, I have no advice. It confused me and I have never enjoyed competeing against others, so I ignore it.
Treasure cards, well, I seldom use them, so I have nearly full stores of them on every character. If I ever see you, I'll gladly donate a few.
If you ever need an assist, I havea grandmaster in every school, though none to level 60 yet as I am a solo player (due to my friends quitting, not a desire to play solo) and that makes Celestia a virtual impossibility.

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 11:37PM malusha93 said

Oh, you poor guy...life was not a good secondary school choice. I'm speaking as a legendary necromancer with the schools of balance as my secondary , life third, and a new addition, star for fourth.
When you choose a secondary school, you need one that will help you when you are fighting your own school, in your case,death. It should be strong and have a decent number of cards that aren't too difficult to save pips up for.I chose balance so i would have the power of fire, ice and storm all in one neat little spell package( e.g. Spectral Blast and Hydra)
Life makes a great third school for any character, especially since it isn't very strong to begin with in attacking ( not counting the extra spells a regular life person gets and the new Forest Lord spell, which has been proven to be strong.) But not to worry, if life as a secondary works for you, more power to you. And if not, you could always trade in your training points at the 12th level and choose another school.
Now for the pet derby, I myself am a Pet Captain with designs on the title of Pet Warlord. I strongly suggest you try racing. Your pet needs to be at least a teen to begin your racing. To begin with, you should use the practice derby tracks to get a feel for racing and to see what types of track your pet goes the fastest on. Also, over at the ranked pet derby sign up, there is a reasonably useful guide book that will tell you more of the basics of racing.
Welcome back to Wizard101 :)

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 5:27AM Master Of Wraiths said

Actually in Truth points Should Vary Depending on schools So Look at it from my point of View Being a Legendary Death wizard with 2 Yrs of Experience.

You Get the Trusty Feint. For Free.

You Get 24 points in-all Though out the Game.

You then Want Tower Shield Universal Block, For all. 5.

Weakness Universal Debuff for all. 3. Don't For get it Stacks on plague Deaths all hit Universal Debuff.

You Then Want Reshuffle run outta Cards No problem 1. O and What About the Very Helpful Life Trap O Why Life Trap 1. Because Quick Life Traps and Prisms Equal a Extra Trap, Don't Forget about your Spirit Blades and Traps from the Balance Tree 2. They will Buff you up for Better Kills.

And What About Gargantuan 4. This spell from the Sun School Will Boost your Poisons and In the End Boost Our Most Powerful Spell Our Fearsome Dragon.

And you also Can't Forget The Star School Auras Vengeance, Amplify, Conviction Boosts to Critical's Block and stun and a +15 Boost for 4 rounds O My. 3.

And Don't Leave out poor Cloak This will cloak your Feints and Infections for pvp you. Yippee. 1.

Altogether That's. 5+3+1+1+2+4+3+1=20 That Leaves 4 More What to do with them what to do. O Wait you Want to Be life and Heal your Friends at a High lvl right The polymorph Treant will help you there it's 20 Card Deck of Heals and Life Absorbs will Keep any Team of Powerful Wizards Alive and pumping.

Well There You Go, Take It From me a Experienced Legendary Death Wizard, Who Has played Went To the End and Did it again Because He Could, This is How you Want your Deck.

Want To Be one of The Best Then Come Join me.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 5:31AM Master Of Wraiths said

I Also Can't Forget Death has there own Power Heal a 3 pip Spell Called Sacrifice it takes 250 and gives 700 Just toss a Death shield. and Wal-la.

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 6:37AM PaigeMoonShade said

Hey Beau,
My very first wizard was death school, I also went life found out later on I believe around Marleybone its wasn't working and had to turn in my training points. Death is a powerful school all by itself with the added shields and blades you will be able to get later on down the road. Also when you reach Celestia you would like to keep some training points for the astral schools.

Now your adventure is for death and 2nd life Keep your attacks as death life attacks cost you more pips to cast use life and a extra healer maybe have a couple smaller attacks to help you in that sticky moment.

You as a death wizard should carry your opp school wand helps to break those shields and does not use your death traps or converts.

I would also start crafting right away there is a ring that you can craft that gives you power pip percent.( ring of insight ) for level 10

If you are not using crowned gear you will need to find some gear low level tht will help you with attack and shield. Bazaar is a awesome place to find misc gear ;)

As you mentioned gardening now helps young lower level wizards with blades ect. Start with honey sickles ;)

Awesome read Beau keep up the great work .

Paige MoonShade

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 2:32AM justinlifecaster said

i'm a legendary necromancer. i had some odd mix of schools i cant remember for a while, then i retrained and went with myth. sounds lame, but some of the spells rock. i trained for a minotaur-to-deadly-minotaur thing in celestia so i can still use my stuff. earthquake has saved my but a few times as well; the boss just towered and its minion gave it a death shield for the tenth time. my friend was only boosting, i use earthquake, she comes in with a stray power nova and BOOM! we win

Posted: Jan 31st 2011 6:57PM Seth LifeShield said

Yo Beau figure out a good time in Eastern Standard Time to meet we could add you to my lvl 60 Legend Life name is my own username on here

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 9:18AM Alura TitanBlood said

Dont I know it? I have a grandmaster fire, novie storm, and I just made a new death person... I have fizzled so many times on my fire and storm that I dont really use them anymore... Good Luck.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014