Posted: Jan 25th 2011 2:08PM MuchmoreGaming said

Can't wait for my new gaming rig to get here on Friday, so I can play this! Hurry UPS, hurry!

-Muchmore

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 6:54PM Ragemaster9999 said

This is an interesting new feature. Its bringing together PUGS for the first time I have seen in my years of EVE. Fleeting random people outside of corp/alliance generally does NOT happen in eves cutthroat political game of corporate warfare. On the other hand, the potential for backstabbing in lowsec excites me!

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 10:48PM Dblade said

Too bad those pugs are being slaughtered. The colelie region incursion has 3100 ships dead in 24 hours or less. Yeah, this is going to go the way of cosmos and fw real quick, or worse.

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 11:25PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@Dblade

Hahah, let me guess - CCP didn't think of CONCORD :-D rofl...

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 11:33PM mysecretid said

@Dblade

Ah, that's too bad. I was actually considering giving EVE another go as one of Ragemaster9999's "fleeting random people". But hey, it's not like EVE needs me, or will miss me, so it's cool.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 12:17AM Dblade said

@SgtBaker1234556 Some of it is concording people that use RR. Not too sure on the mechanics, but i guess RRing someone in CC can nuke the RR person if not more.

Some of it is that the sansha hit like trucks. Spider tanking BS fleets seem to be what they are tuned for, and a lot of the ships dead are mission runners trying to solo or small fleet it.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 3:00AM Dblade said

@Dblade It's worse than i thought.

1. Make up a fleet of buffer tanked RR ships.
2. Spider tank each other.
3. One guy gets concorded.
4. All the people RRing that one guy get concorded.
5. Watch it spread to the entire fleet.

As for the incursions they screwed up the decay rate. To drive em out you need to fill up a progress bar, but every single one is hovering at near empty. I think they are closing at about 7k ships total loss altogether, not sure though. If you play, the "ships destroyed in the last 24 hours" lights up the entire map like a Christmas Tree.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 3:04PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@Dblade

Also, you can set up a Incursion fleet - get people to join you in their shiny ships, once everything is going well, move yourself to the wing commander of the RR-wing and warp them out of the site... and watch the fleet turn to pods...

The fleet mechanics aren't really designed for "public questing".

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 1:33AM Wizardling said

The idea that Incursions are a good way to get into fleets via PUGs is a bitter joke. Newbies and adventurous carebears were slaughtered by the thousands today. I was more prepared than most, having often done some pirate PvP on an alt for fun, and being an experienced PvEer. But this was like level Vs crossed with sleeper AI. We just died in seconds when hit.

Nope, sadly Incursions are high level PvP-like PvE for only the most experienced and well organised fleets. Newbies not invited (unless to die en mass). I'm not looking forward to an incursion screwing up my home systems :-(

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 1:38PM ariantes said

Sorry guys, but any raid event in any game won't work without any preparation, EVE being no different. PUGS in an raid environment only work if the people in the PUG know what they are doing, ie. have experience with this sort of raid, which obviously can't be the case with the incursions. And I never read anywhere that these incursions are intended for newbies etc. They always said that these sansha's are harder than sleepers, and sleepers will be to much for most noobs. Newbies are better of with the easier PVE stuff first.

The RR problem and decay rate are smaller problems that should be easy to fix. I suspect we will be seeing these fixes in tomorrows thread.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 3:01PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@ariantes

Ok, then - let us hear the fix to the RR problem?

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM