Posted: Jan 25th 2011 1:30PM Comrade Domovoi said

I want this game to succeed like Fist of the North Star but this "dedicated post launch roadmap" sounds more like hey we should totally release this game in early April but we aren't, so we're calling this dedicated post launch support. From reading this its looking like I'll be checking this out in late March at the earliest.

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 1:35PM SocksForYou said

It sounds reasonably complete in terms of launch features, and I still really like the setting.

Would like to hear what the beta people have to say...

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 2:55PM Halldorr said

Have been following this game forever but never got into beta nor ever heard much about it or even seen much about it as the information release was a trickle at best. Was surprised when they launched a release date. The relative quiet makes me nervous...

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 3:44PM konnik said

I'm in the beta. The world is insanely huge and beautifull!
The game still needs polishing and have issues with the optimization, shadows, water, animations etc.... but overall I like the whole idea of sci-fi post-apocaliptyc sandbox mmorpg and in a few months this game will rule, I think.
They've posted a roadmap: http://play-earthrise.com/news/#26 for their plans after release. Also the admins and the producer are very responsive on the beta forum and are listening.
Even though releasing on 4th of february will be actually for paid beta, I've pre-ordered the game.

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 3:57PM tk421242 said

Found a video on youtube that also shows some of the game. Gives a much better representation of what a player can expect as opposed to the dev created cgi cinema trailer... or at least that is my opinion since I have not played it yet.

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 4:15PM tk421242 said

@tk421242

And I do not defend the use of that music.... scary.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 9:23AM Snichy said

@tk421242 Thanks for the link - doest look at bad I thought it would...!

Posted: Jan 27th 2011 11:07AM Avernus said

I am in the beta and have been quiet of course due to the NDA. While I have some concerns about lag and server stability, those have been addressed by the Devs and should be fixed shortly as they are swtiching to a new physical 'live' server.

Overall, I'd probably vote for a month or two delay if I were on the company's board. I don't think switching server clusters is a great idea so close to launch.

I also hear tales of people getting stuck in the terrain, though I've not experienced them myself despite my best efforts.

A few things I personally think need to be in before release are
1. keymapping options in game (editing your lua files in notepad doesn't cut it in 2011).
2. More graphics options in game.
3. shadows are a bit off; flickery sometimes and their placement can be odd.

I'd really like more character head and face models. I suppose there are other games that have fewer (DCUO comes to mind), but as nice looking as the graphics are, I'd like to not look like the clone I'm supposed to be.

However, I was also in the Mortal Online and Age of Conan betas and the problems are not so onerous as those.

Posted: Jan 29th 2011 11:15AM Shadanwolf said

No Lifting of the NDA speaks volumes to me.Interested in the game,but will just...watch the news.

Posted: Jan 29th 2011 11:16AM Brendan Drain said

@Shadanwolf The NDA WAS lifted.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM