Posted: Jan 25th 2011 9:52PM JoolaPrime said

Lots of great changes in the patch.

People are having a hard time testing them out though. The servers have been hit really hard.

Trion are stress testing and with the current configuration they're not holding up very well. There seems to be a lot of people complaining about it though, guess they haven't realised what's going on

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 10:07PM Korvix said

@JoolaPrime

From what I'm told they put in 'scaling latency' in this last patch. So more people around the worse your connection is I guess...and this being a stress test there are about a billion people running around mucking up each-others connections.

I only played a little bit to test out a few changes. I'm not playing heavy until Head Start so I personally didn't have any connection issues.

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 11:03PM Valentina said

They're doing it on purpose to try and bang out all the kinks before head start and launch.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 3:23AM Deadalon said

I have to say that Im very impressed with the combat fluency in the game. The soul system looks awsome and the basis in terms of graphics and animations are very good. My only conserne right now is maybe lack of quest variety.

I will defenetly go on playing more and continue to enjoy it. Next real test is the teamwork and party options.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 5:17AM Bongo123 said

i got in last night after a few hicups which are to be expected but i was generally unimpressed, maybe id like it a bit more when its not so blooming well hectic with tons of players around but the opening levels.. i got to around 7 were fairly uninspiring, and the graphics a bit meh ( i was really hoping to be blown away with its being 2011 an all).. i'll be heading back in tonite and see if it can grab me but so far its not looking likely but i will say one thing in its defense, its a solid game just maybe not for me unfortunately

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 5:52AM Deadalon said

@Bongo123

I had to tone down few visual effects to make it more to my liking. AA is a feature you will have to turn on in settings and it runs smooth on X4. But then... IM running on GTX 480 and it should be smooth.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 10:37AM Vegetta said

@Bongo123

The tutorial/starting areas are bit of a bore for some people. But after you get out and into the world the game really opens up.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 8:04AM Le Chat Noir said

The quest variety is very much the same that's been tried and tested in other games but I'm hoping this improves. Trion so far seems fairly apt at listening to their players and changes are usually swift - of course, quests take a while to implement but I imagine they'll be added.

Some of the earlier quests I noted have been tweaked slightly from previous tests too which is good. One which before had me killing mobs for a drop now had the drop as an interactable item on the terrain - not a huge change I know but it lead to some fairly challenging encounters as I scrambled with other players to get them and playing the always fun "get quest item and pull as little mobs as possible" game.

The Rifts are a nice break away from questing too and offer decent rewards. I've made some cool in-game friends from rift events which is another nice bonus!

In terms of graphics, they're great and do the job. Nothing groundbreaking but it's a pretty looking game when set to highest settings and AA applied. The bloom is sometimes abit much but for now I've decided to leave it on - we'll see if it stays that way.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 9:40AM Dread said

I played Rift for the first time today.

More than likely I'll be unsubbing from WoW to play this instead.

Posted: Jan 26th 2011 9:45AM Laren said

I made it to level 7. So far so good. Only found one 'bug' (not really) in that click to move isn't really working as you'd expect.

The game is good. I am worried...very worried... That it will have the same 'feel' as war hammer. I liked that game just fine, but the constant tension of 'war' really started to wear thin. I am hoping quests start to branch out soon. I am hoping the environment settles down a bit. Give me a reason to fight for the place.

Constant strife will wear thin for me.