Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:40PM CCon99 said

Sadly, Wizard 101's chat system when set for children, is STILL 100x better and more useful then DCUO's poor excuse for a chat system. =(

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 9:14PM Germaximus said

lol Dont mention DCUO's system, everyone knows its a nightmare. :p To me its the only bad thing about it.

Im surprised Wizard 101 didnt have a filter before now. Im 33 and i think its a great game but i see it being an MMO for a much younger audience.
I often forget that im probably playing with a toddler and i say things i shouldnt.

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 12:12AM Haldurson said

I'm 50 years of age, and I am really enjoying Wizard 101. That said, the language filters are pretty insane -- some of the words that get filtered out are pretty ridiculous (I can't even make a smiley face).

I don't know about DCUO's chat, but sometimes you really have to go through hoops to get your message across in W101. Someone on my friends list in a different area asked me for help, and there was no way for me to explain exactly what I was in the middle of and how long it would take before I'd be available.

Posted: Jan 25th 2011 9:38AM Beau Hindman said

@Haldurson Have you verified your account with a credit card? If you started out without it, go into your account on the site and you'll put in your password again for parental controls. There you will find the toggle for protected chat or not. Of course, you'll still need to verify I believe.

I'm playing the game for Choose my Adventure over the next couple weeks. http://massively.joystiq.com/category/choose-my-adventure/ I wonder if I should put in a section about the chat?

Beau

Posted: Jan 28th 2011 5:49AM Master Of Wraiths said

Hindmen is Right you Need to only Subscribe to Get open Chat just go in to your Account page on the main Site, as Long as you Subbed with a Credit Card that proves your Age, You Can Change from Filtered to Open, and There You Go, You can say anything you want like Numbers or little things like Tada. as long as it isn't a Curse Word Those Are Still Blocked. Good Luck to you and Hope you have a Fun time playing in W101.

From Master Of Wraiths, Legendary Wizard, W101 Central Guide Maker/ Helper to new players. and Lover of the Game Enjoy, My Favorite game and Have Fun.