Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:23AM JohnFordColey said

I don't have a problem paying a sub fee for a game I enjoy playing, and DCUO has so far earned at least another month from me, if only to see how they handle their monthly updates. Besides, I tend to be play more casually than others, so I still have a good deal of content to go through. I haven't even made a villain yet!

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 6:35PM SFGamer69 said

@JohnFordColey

Let me spare you...it's the same content as you play as a hero, just flipside often times, sometimes exactly the same. Unique Content is not something I would say this game has tons of, but it does give yo ualot of repeatable content, if thats your thing.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:26AM Rhazes said

Sort of. $14.99 is nothing and its gives you access to unlimited entertainment for 30 days. However, DCOU was rushed out unfinished in my opinion and I'm not going to reward SOE by buying the game and paying a Sub. SOE also offered lifetime subscriptions which is something they won't even do for EQ,EQ2 which shows they have no confidence in the game.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:31AM Rayne26 said

Well if it had 60 lvl cap or more.yes
I want to advance and reach a character to lvl cap in about 1 month and a half and not in just one week.
Very short game to require a subscription.
I see soe to change their pay approach of the game cause people after 2 months have passed they will set for other games.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:32AM Matix said

The primary fact as to why I won't play this game is that fact Sony Online Entertainment is the company running it.

Past experiences have demonstrated that everyone in SOE, from their developers right down to their customer service reps, are somewhere between street rubbish and viral material.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:34AM Ocho said

Personally, I'm not really into super heroes. Never liked any super hero movie that's come out recently... last one I saw the original Spider Man, and I didn't like it at all. But besides that, I'm currently playing a sub game, and I can really only justify playing one sub game at a time. I've got a lot of other non-sub games that I'll still play and log into, LotRO, GW, etc. but multiple subs is a waste of money, imo.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:37AM vampero said

There no way I would pay to play DCOU.The game is so vanilla and boring,I was in the beta.Champions Online is Free to Play starting tomorrow and that game has so much more to offer.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:37AM Platypus Man said

I love the game. It is fun, fun, fun. But I'm not entirely certain yet if it's worth paying a sub fee for -- mainly for the reasons the other folks have mentioned. Once they start releasing new content, I'll revise my opinion.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:38AM mispoem said

Personally, I don't care if a game has a sub if the game seems worth the price they put on it. From what I saw from reviews, videos, and from friends in beta, DCUO just didn't seem worth the money. Besides, there are more interesting games with subscriptions on them coming very soon. /waits patiently for RIFT :)

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:50AM Mainer82 said

I don't care about the subscription fee, it's the fact that currently they do not have a demo. Demos usually get me hooked on a game.

I have no problems paying $15 a month for Star Trek Online.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:51AM Arderath said

Separate servers for PS3 and PC is what's keeping me away from it at the moment.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:52AM Greyhame said

Few reasons for me. One is the lack of interest in the Super hero genre, DC in particular.

Another is the monthly sub. I already pay for two monthly subscriptions (occasionally 3 when my wife feels like restarting her City of Heroes account), so there's not much reason to join another one that has one unless I'm sure I'll like it.

The last is the lack of a free trial. I'm not going to spend money on an MMO unless I think I'll like it, and the best way to find that out is with a trial. Without one, chances are unless it's a game I really want from a company I know makes good games, I'm not going to touch it.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:54AM senral said

SOE is preventing me from playing DCUO. The way they handle EQ2 players really leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I will not play any more SOE games. Just remember, anything Smed says is subject to change as soon as he is finished saying it. The monthly updates will become quarterly, people will be taken off the project and things will be half done, but dont worry, there will be a cash shop soon enough with a HUGE Station Cash button somewhere in your UI.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:56AM warpax said

i agree with what most are saying. I dont think DCUO is worth a Sub because its a shallow arcade game with shallow, repetitive combat and a lack of social feel. its like Mortal Kombat Online in its feel to me. Theres no crafting, No housing, no Social activities, a terrible chat interface and overly sensitive filter that discourages chat.
Even if it went F2P Im not sure SOE could produce anything worth spending $$ on in their DCUO store which at the moment is empty.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:57AM Snichy said

Ask me again in 30 days when I actually have to start paying a subscription. At the moment really liking the game (except for its widely publicised faults) but things might change after a month of content, especially with Rift coming soon as well.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:57AM Zellis said

I personally cant play an MMO unless it has a sub system. Free to play's Nickle and dime you to even get up the standard of a sub, and at that point why not just sub? When I do sub to new games its go big or go home, so there needs to be endgame content.

I personally have tired every super hero MMO out there besides this one, and I've not been a huge fan of them (even though I'm huge comic book nerd, I know go figure) So I doubt i will sub and try DCUO, Besides as someone pointed out before me... Its SOE and there lackluster job so far from most of there MMO's Saddens me.

In the end, they only thing that's gonna make someone sub is personal preference, For me, There has to be end game content and semi large scale Raiding.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 8:59AM warpax said

I forgot to say in my last past..I think DCUO would've been better off being a PS3 exclusive game. DCUO from the UI , to the controls and even the combat are clearly made for the PS3 and the PC as an afterthought.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 9:02AM ColorblindMonk said

I immediately lost interest in a conversation about DCUO when it got to subscription fees. Sure, it's only $14.99 a month, but it's my $14.99 and I want to play my money's worth and have a good time with it, otherwise that money's going to TF2 hats. But alas, a lack of a free trial puts an end to our favorite imaginary superheroes, such as the adventures of Subparman and sidekick Average Joe.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 9:03AM striderbeta said

Personally I'd be willing to pay for the subscription if the game is decent. My issue is the lack of any kind of trial. At least with the usual game I can demo a level or 2 before I shell out my $50. DCUO asks for my $50 up front, plus $15 a month for a non-refundable game with no way of knowing beforehand if I'll even like it. Right now that's just asking a bit much imo. :p

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 9:06AM Kaoss said

no trial = no play for me.