Posted: Jan 24th 2011 11:10AM Drunken Irish Sniper said

When I see that picture it makes me think "No Final Fantasy characters allowed!".

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 11:16AM DemonXaphan said

Good to see they got a good aim bot detector in place.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 12:02PM BruceLeeglad said

Why let the cheaters do it once ??? Why not Cheat and account is byebye... Now they can cheat get caught maybe then a few days after play again...

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 12:33PM VisualGloss said

@BruceLeeglad And then if they do it a few days later they're perma banned, problem solved. Sometimes a second chance isn't so bad.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 3:42PM Daverator said

@BruceLeeglad

It is always a good idea to have some step in between "caught" and perma banned. These programs are not perfect, and one man's unknown spyware might be detected as another mans aimbot.

Just ask AVG which decided the launcher of Supreme Commander (fresh from the CD) was a trojan virus and promptly deleted it.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 12:03PM Floodland said

The only problem APB's original incarnation with regards to Punkbuster was that it caused most players severe lag issues. If they can straighten that out, then all should be well. I really need to stop looking at every little tidbit on the relaunch, though, I'm getting anxious : [

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 12:49PM Rayne26 said

kick the cheaters away they are loosers anyways.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 1:46PM Falknir said

So, this clears up what almost everyone knew about the game being infested by cheaters during the final weeks, and now those who said otherwise are now no where to be found.

I am glade they are taking these matters seriously with the relaunch.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 3:55PM Twitchy5 said

I love all the things they're doing with this new ABP.

They're doing what all developers should be doing: getting requests from the playerbase, and ironing out all the things that went wrong in the previous version.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 4:07PM Doba said

I'll believe it when I see it :/

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 6:33PM Jade Effect said

I will never support a game that give a free pass to cheaters. It stinks of desperation: that the company needs money so much it will even accept cheaters who ruin the experience of legitimate players.

How long has the guy been cheating until you finally nab him? And all you can do is give a warning? So he's free to keep on cheating until you nab him again. How long would that the whole circus take until he's finally banned? 3 months? A year? It's laughable they can even call this a "hard-line approach". Keep your cheater's money, I won't even touch this game even if you pay me to play it.

Posted: Jan 24th 2011 7:32PM (Unverified) said

Yes because PunkBuster works SOOO Well

WRUP: This is why we can't have nice things

Posted on Jul 26th 2014 10:00AM