Posted: Jan 21st 2011 12:03PM BigAndShiny said

Some of the planets are looking similar now:
2 red planets
2 republic city planets
2 ice planets
I wish they would stop at 17. I don't want to be overwhelmed by the size

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 12:17PM kjhasdfjkhk said

@BigAndShiny

I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think you will be exploring entire planets, just areas around cities/settlements. Planets are just the equivalent to "zones" in other games. I agree though, this looks a lot like Hutta. I'm guessing they'll probably stop at about 20, nice even number. I'm honestly not complaining. I'm probably only going to play this game for the story, even if everything else doesn't really turn out that great, and the more planets there are, the longer the story will be (in theory). I have a fear that they are adding tons of voice acting and conversations to compensate or even "hide" the fact that there's not much gameplay, and if you skip all the talking you might be able to reach level cap in a matter of days, but that's just a theory. Honestly, the more planets the better (for me anyway) regardless of whether or not they look the same. They are going to have different NPCs and enemies either way, so I don't see this as a huge deal even if they kinda look the same, whereas in other games it might be a bigger concern grinding through zones that all look identical with no story/voice acted characters to differentiate itself. Better to have too many than too few.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 12:23PM Interitus said

@BigAndShiny

Go to a page where the holocron buttons are along the bottom. When you hover ofver it shows the planets. Based on the spacing They could maybe fit one more planet. up to 3 if they changed the spacing on all 3 levels of planet names. But they already did that once which leads me to believe maybe only one more planet.

@kjhasdfjkhk
I kinda agree. I relate the voice acting to 3D movies. Where they show fancy effects in hopes the audience doesn't notice how bad the movie actually is. (obviously not true for all). But they invest a lot into the voice acting, so lets hope it pays off

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 12:53PM BigAndShiny said

@Interitus
they would just extend the page, like they have a million times before.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 4:05PM Interitus said

@BigAndShiny

They haven't, they did once, but haven't since. I think it's their way of having a partial teaser saying this is where it ends. If you look at Starships they clearly only have enough room for what they have planned at release. I'm talking about the hover buttons for the holonet. The spaces on there are very precise.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 6:00PM RogueJedi86 said

@Interitus

What about the huge gap when you hover over "Factions & Allegeiances"? It's been that huge since the site's launch, and we haven't had more than those 4 since the site's launch either. The gaps mean nothing.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 12:09PM KvanCetre said

Any idea how large planets are? Galaxies had planets that were huge, but mostly empty (especially before player cities). As we already have 17, can we expect them to be roughly equivilent to zones of other games?

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 12:30PM Interitus said

@KvanCetre

I think it depends. The starter planets are smaller, and I remember reading on a review the starter planets was about the size of a large zone in World of Warcraft. They can also help control emptiness by limiting how much you can explore. While they said you can explore if they had a system similar to KOTOR or even ME1/2 it would allow you to explore but not go to an empty area.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 12:11PM kjhasdfjkhk said

I think I might play this game for the music alone. Composers did a phenomenal job mimicking John Williams with this.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 12:31PM Interitus said

I was hoping for a planet from the lore. Oh well, if that's all the planets then at least there are expansions to hope for.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 12:46PM AlienFanatic said

I'm sure many folks are going to be pleased with TOR, but I'm somehow underwhelmed at the art direction so far. It's lacking a certain "something" that makes it feel like Star Wars to me. Frustratingly, I still pine for a Star Wars game (not made by SOE) that is set in the universe of the original Star Wars movies. I MUCH prefer the art style of the early films, but sadly those days are long gone.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 4:56PM Ingrod said

@AlienFanatic

Really? U see Tatooine or Hoth images? For me are pure Star Wars, the Alderaan builidings were based in some old conceptual desings for the classical films, very similar to Bespin. And Nar Shadaa is a very classic planet too.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 2:14PM Lateris said

I think it will be a fun game that takes you in the BioWare RPG adventure- 2012 release date is my prediction.

Posted: Jan 22nd 2011 7:32AM aistee said

at least one more planet will be released: Nelvaan. it was discovered back in afriday update last november:

Posted: Jan 23rd 2011 11:33AM Jpwolf22 said