Posted: Jan 21st 2011 4:36PM pid said

• Half a heart
If characters in Aion had antennas instead of wings, Faxion would have antennas, too.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 4:44PM Lenn said

@pid Yes, because the concept of wings on angels and demons is of course ridiculous.

If this game looks, plays and feels even slightly like Chronicles of Spellborn, I already love it. CoS's demise truly was one of the bigger tragedies in MMO history.

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 4:55PM pid said

• 1 heart
@Lenn
I agree that wings are pretty standard on celestial/demonic beings, but it simply *smells* much like Aion.
I haven't played it or whatever, so I can't tell if it feels like that other game. I hope not and can very well understand that there may be much fun in moving in 3D, as opposed to crawling along the map in 2D.
But, still... those are wings and "that other game" comes immediately to my mind :)

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 5:17PM AshenTemper said

@pid
I'm pretty sure angels and demons have had wings for a long... long... long time. That said, the wings in Faxion don't necessarily allow you to fly but instead glide. It's about taking gliding around a little but not permanently flying. Although, if you jump off at certain spots, you can glide for a bit. Granted, to glide, you must use Stamina so when you're out, well, I hope you weren't gliding too far up ;)

- Sean

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 10:05PM Dianoga4 said

@Lenn Omg, I wish there was another game like The Chronicles of Spellborn, actually I wish TCoS was still here. That was the best combat system I've seen in a mmorpg and a great game. After I first saw your comment about hoping this game would be like Spellborn, I had to make sure I read the article. Sadly it says this in it....

"A first glance, combat consists of the standard "click the target, click abilities" type."

That doesn't sound good. Sounds like the same old mmorpg. :(

Bring back Spellborn!!!!

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 5:54PM Gaugamela said

Seems interesting. Hope they make it freemium a la DDO.

Could you clarify this to me Beau?

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 9:56PM Beau Hindman said

@Gaugamela It will be free to play with a cash shop.

Beau

Posted: Jan 21st 2011 7:03PM claytondora said

I was actually quite excited about this game... until I found out it was "click-and-wait". Same-old same-old. I refuse to sign up for any game released post-2010 that employs this outdated form of combat.

Posted: Jan 22nd 2011 9:13PM Dblade said

Potions aren't harmless in a PvP game, Beau.