Posted: Jan 20th 2011 11:52AM Comrade Domovoi said

This is how you do it Masthead, you stay the hell away from chunky alpha-looking footage and you show us glorious pre-rendered stuff. Also, nice that this is an almost 4 minute long video and the main focus of it is crafting. They know how to reel us in.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 11:57AM Coolit said

@Comrade Domovoi
Maybe they finally hired a PR firm.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 4:35PM DancingCow said

@Comrade Domovoi

Indeed.

Two unimpressive gameplay vids, so they try for a cinematic. But talk about dull....

I suppose this one is intended for people who know absolutely nothing about the game. It's 4 minutes of - players can craft stuff + it's open pvp with looting.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 7:25PM Cwurle said

@DancingCow Booh gloom and doom... I liked the trailer but indeed the gameplay seems far from what the trailer portrays.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 12:09PM TitusGroan said

Looks cool. Like all cinematic trailers do.

I only hope the actual gameplay is as immersive and atmospheric.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 12:11PM Ardan said

the trailer was okay, not bad, but not great either. It's only too bad that the gameplay of the game is a bit stiff.

But i'm a big fan of sandbox games, so i might try it out someday.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 12:56PM Lobotomist said

Are we being bit to harsh to an independently produced sandbox MMO ?

Lets first see it in action before we start throwing stones

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 1:00PM Saker said

Trailer, what's the point here. We learn nothing about the real game.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 3:23PM Yalexy said

@Saker

We learn, that the game is focused on PvP, has playerlooting and insurance-costs, and that there's crafting-facilities in the unguarded outbacks, where you shouldn't go to craft something without backup.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 1:12PM Greyhame said

It was an OK trailer. Doesn't really show much for why you'd want to play.

Still going to try it at some point when there's a trial though.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 1:23PM real65rcncom said

Lol,
I can just imagine the suckers who watch that and haven't seen the beta footage yet, then buy the game.

What a rude surprise they are in for.. no actual game footage so lots of imagination is gonna be needed to get that CGI feel while in the game.

Meh, I guess it's like P.T. Barnum said...

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 1:24PM real65rcncom said

Saw the beta footage.

That was enough to know it's going to be F2P in less than 3 months.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 3:24PM Yalexy said

@real65rcncom

People said that about EvE Online or Darkfall aswell Q.Q

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 4:40PM DancingCow said

@real65rcncom

I'm unimpressed with the gameplay footage too.

But Masthead have the deal with Interplay for the Fallout MMO, and so far they've delayed Earthrise's release 3(?) times. So they must be reasonably ok financially and I doubt we'd see it go F2P like that.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 7:09PM dudemanjac said

@Yalexy And CO and STO and WAR. Pppl sem to think they are smarter than they are.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 1:41PM SocksForYou said

Trying to remain optimistic about this game but I can't believe this is launching Feb. 4 and we barely have any concrete info about it.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 1:45PM Drannos said

It's too bad that the actual gameplay doesn't really come close to the trailer. the environments and assets in the game look great, but the combat and movement is stiff and unimaginative.

Are we really stuck with stand-in-the-open-and-shoot-until-someone-dies in a Sci Fi game? That features GUNPLAY??? I mean, c'mon...you might as well stick some pointy ears on them and hand them a sword.

If I want that kind of combat, I'll go play WoW, or LotRO, or Rift, or any number of other, proven games (okay, maybe not Rift just yet...)

I WANT to like this, and I want to support a small, independent dev launching an MMO, but I can't get past some of the questionable design. And the fact that there is little footage of actual gameplay, no means to actually PURCHASE the game, and barely any news on it not two weeks from launch is a little alarming...

It feels like they don't want us to see it, because they're afraid we won't buy it... Like others, if there's a trial, or it goes F2P, I will probably check it out. Hope they're prepping the cash shop code starting now...

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 1:49PM SocksForYou said

Also, why was this posted to the official site as a "new gameplay video?"

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 5:04PM Thasri said

Nothing those guys do over there make a lot of since, I want to like these game but man, I really don't have a lot of faith in it. Guess we'll all have to see after Feb. 4th and the first reviews come in and impressions. I don't think I'll be taking the leap tho.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 5:47PM Haukeye said

It is truly amazing to me how the gamers have changed over the years. Now all they do is complain. This is whats wrong with the MMO industry, They have spoon fed most of ya to the point where nothing they do now will impress. too many spoiled gamers!
Give the game a chance, 99% of ya have not even played the game yet. So we all know what assumptions do. Just sayin.