Posted: Jan 19th 2011 9:55AM kjhasdfjkhk said

More. It's a good thing, don't stop doing it. They make me either want an MMO or not want an MMO (which is also good so I don't waste my money).

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 10:22AM Stormwaltz said

I've never watched one, or felt any inclination to.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 11:05AM rsrupert said

I love the livestreaming!!!! What sucks is the constant interruptions for ads, usually at the best parts.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 12:10PM Jeromai said

Big shrug for me. I watch edited gameplay videos or introductory Let's Play types now and then, as long as the narrator or music isn't annoying and the video is under 10 mins or so.

I have no patience to sit through live unedited gameplay (or most unedited live feeds, come to think of it). Gets too boring. Can't fast forward through dull bits.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 1:37PM Lainbr said

I like livestream. And like more the voice commented ones :)

I really dunno if it can make me play or not a game. I'm most inclined to hear a friend in those cases.

P.s.: I just watched Beau's AO livestream today. Made me remember when I started the game \o/ "DIE damn Flea!" LOL

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 1:54PM Victrolla said

I viewed a game that I had been saving up for and realized that only the game trailer was fun ... I viewed a game that I never thought I would like ... and ended up playing it ... so yes, I like live-streaming.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 3:06PM Aika Tears said

Live Streaming is great! Heck I do it as well, If a person can do voice as part of it telling the viewers the con and pros of a game helps a lot.

It is the best way to see an unedited gameplay video then what the companies put out. And yes a few of those sites need to cut down on the as times (talking to you livestream.com)

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 7:22PM Scarecrowe said

"Livestreaming" just sounds like a stupid name so I've never watched one. Why not just post clips of gameplay? I would be more interested in seeing that when I have free time than trying to hit one of these livestream things.

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM