Posted: Jan 19th 2011 12:16PM paraLogiki said

Planning to tank for the most part. My primary role will be Paladin, I know that. But I think 1 of my 4 roles will have Void Knight as primary, provided switching to it is a quick 2 second spell cast like it is now.

I'd only switch to it when tanking magical bosses or course.

Other 2 roles would be 1 for solo'ing, probably beast master, and 1 for pvp.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 12:53PM (Unverified) said

@paraLogiki

I played a paladin as primary soul last beta, and took Void Knight as my second soul. It actually added a lot of enjoyment having to switch the basic abilities I used against caster enemies. The 'unleash' type spell you use to damage the opponent with absorbed magic was quite powerful.

Unfortunately I didn't get high enough level to really see how effective a combo is was in dungeons etc.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 12:51PM yeppers said

• Half a heart
Not related... amazed how fast I can go from "so excited" to "so bored" with this game. I think I only logged into the latest beta one time to try the Warfronts -- and I'm a huge battleground PvP fan. I think my taste in MMOs is making a drastic shift.

I'm sure it's a lot of fun for a lot of people though and will be successful.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 1:29PM Wild Colors said

@yeppers It's not a sandbox. If you want a sandbox...I don't know what to say. GW2 won't be one either. Planetside Next might be decent (the first one was wonderful). Sandboxes have traditionally been harder to make work, I think, so larger design shops don't seem to be investing much in them.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 2:06PM yeppers said

@Wild Colors

No I don't think I'm looking for a sandbox MMO. I played WoW for years and WAR for around 6 months. Trion's comparing the game to previous MMOs was actually a draw for me.

In the RIFT betas, I've gotten characters on both factions to about level 17. I just feel overcome with boredom in the game. Just my own opinion though and doesn't reflect the interest of a host of RIFT fans.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 6:33PM Gloon said

I've been concerned with the same thing happening to me. I've all but written off MMOs... one, because I simply don't have the time required to play them and, two, because, with little deviation, they all offer much of the same thing I've seen countless times before. So far, however, I've enjoyed Rift tremendously and my interest hasn't dissipated. I truly hope it lasts for many weeks, if not months.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 12:34AM real65rcncom said

I liked the story.
Nice to read some bloody lore.
Class seems like it will be valuable in PvP vs a stormcaller.

StarCraft II: An MMO player's perspective