Posted: Jan 18th 2011 8:08PM wagonfactor said

this is really cool. i havent played this game since it was "horizons". really glad to see this game still going. i enjoyed it back then, though i didnt play too far into it. takes me back to a better time. still waiting for asherons call 2 to be resurrected. i miss the older games. maybe its just a nostalgia thing, but times seemed so much better back then

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 12:42AM Titan1 said

@wagonfactor
I miss the days when game devs made worlds.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 3:42AM Kulamata said

There are 2 to 4 content upgrades a year; this is one of the larger, but it's not as big as the tier 1 and tier 2 area makeovers, or the dungeon addition. This one should help the game's economy.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 5:11AM Taloth said

This is very good to see, I am looking forward to testing out the new content and changes

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 5:47AM Valkesh said

Honestly, this is one of those games that I wish so badly I could get into. It started out horribly unfortunately, but the new management has really put some love into it. It's incredibly old school in design, but it has considerable depth to it via the variety of the races, things you can do, and the fact that theres an actual world to explore/interact with.

I would play this in a heartbeat if not for one thing, but unfortunately it's a biggy. I can't get over the UI for the game. I'm spoiled by modern UIs and it's not so much the lack of certain elements, but rather the fact that the existing ones are clunky and much of everything is done with context words and slash commands. I tried the trail and loved every bit of it, but I just couldn't stick with it )=.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 8:10AM Raeshlavik said

For anyone interested in looking things over again, I'd like to point out that Istaria is free to play - not as in cash shop, but really free to play.

The limitation is you can't own land and you're limited to the humans, but if you want to get in and just have a look, say 'Hi', and maybe get slobbered on by a real Dragon there's never been a better time.