Posted: Jan 19th 2011 6:04AM HitsuSan said

@220683

You're totally right. Can you believe me if i say Tera have even a motivation for clothes and armor to be so uncovering or freaking stylish? As i can see in this days the game have no nights (or the sun, well that thing with runes you can see in the sky, have no ciclyng) and the weather it's always like summer. Plus any place you see looks very real but artificially created (wich is the lore of tera) to be the perfect planet to live. It's shiny clear that's not the earth an every thing or race or armor design it's perfectly fit in the visual style.

Another thing about Popori and Eilin, it's not the same race, i mean, they're not male and female of the same race. As i can remember Popori are guardians created by Eilins to protect nature. Eilins are like fairies.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 3:02PM paterah said

@220683 1. Look up Exerquest box art.
2. Excuse the idiots that talk about no clothes....for they are idiots.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 8:57PM Valdur said

Westernizing is a big word and yet they won't be able to change the soul of the game which is Korean/Asian.They can rewrite the story or add some things here and there but from the very single design to the next encounter this game will remain Korean/Asian.

People will either love it or hate it with a passion and I see this game having some rough time surviving Rift/SWTOR/GW2 which is sad because TERA is the most beautiful game I have seen since AoC.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 11:31PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

• 1 heart
This is the game with the upskirt running isn't it?

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 12:41AM Dandmcd said

@Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK

Indeed it is. Hopefully that will be one thing the Westernization removes, otherwise instead of gameplay talk, all the forums will be flooded with is the upskirt controversy.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 11:31PM JHit said

I have been watching a few livestreams of the open korean beta for this game and I must say that it has skyrocketed on my list of anticipated games for 2011 hopefully it will make out this year

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 2:51PM Thasri said

@JHit
Can you post the stream link plz, I'd like to check out.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 3:09PM JHit said

@Thasri

Here is one of like 2 or 3 streamers that have had it up over the entire open beta. http://www.justin.tv/foreverplay
The beta does end in 3 days but you can check out their previous casts and see what the game looks like if they are not streaming when you go there.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 8:39AM Snichy said

It is a shame this game and any article associated with it has degenerated into ridiculous attention-grabbers complaining about lack-of-armour or evil asian influences. Strip away all the irrelevent crap and it actually looks like a game I would be interested in playing and might just turn out to be good as long as the game isnt ruined by its community, the way Massively has.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 11:30PM wfseg said

Wonder if they're hiring extra kor > eng translators. I can't speak Korean, but I can do the *GRUNTS* *GROANS* *DEATH SCREAMS* *FUNNY DANCE MOVES FROM THE 70s*.... etc. Hooray for tabletop dnd practice.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 7:17AM 111011 said

To me 'Westernisation' means "we are not making this game a grind fest no matter how pretty our monsters may be." It's not about changing the soul or the look of the game. I don't understand why people are complaining about the armor but for debate to be fiery and fun we can't all have the same opinion. Personally, as a girl, I love the female armour, it's the major reason why I am giving the game a once over. I don't understand this need for 'realism' when game play, whatever form it takes, is escapism, whether you are rooting out the same ol same ol with grizzled space marines or scantily clad women. Besides you have say this game comes with equal op, there are male armours that show a lot of midriff and man beewb. Armour in westernisation or region customisation is a non-issue, all i care about is a good yarn and nil on the grinding, if they can give me that in the first month, then i'm sold, if not Tera will just be another Aion.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM