Posted: Jan 18th 2011 4:36PM Germaximus said

When i see "westernization" i understand it but i always think to myself "i want to play the original."
Every time. :p

And ohmigosh (lol) i just started watchin that video during my post. My jaw drops every single time i see something in this game that i havent seen before.
Just wow.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 4:42PM IngeKy said

I have to be honest, I want them to pull it off. The combat looks great, and I like the visuals. But whether or not they can achieve this.. well, lets just say I'm not convinced. Yet.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 4:43PM Theeinferno said

I hope this game turns out to be good.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 4:55PM WonderPenguin said

I really want to like this game, please don't mess it up.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 5:02PM kjhasdfjkhk said

If it wasn't for the Popori, I would be all over this game. I may still give it a try if it actually turns out well.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 5:37PM Nenene said

• Half a heart
If by 'westernization' they mean 'giving the female characters armor as opposed to having their titties flop around all over the place, even for armored classes' then I am 100% for it.

I was interested in TERA until I saw the female armor designs. Nope.jpg

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 5:51PM mko said

@Nenene and my opinion is the other way around

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 5:52PM paterah said

@Nenene It seems you want the game to be something it can't be. I mean I don't go over to the EvE forums and ask for naval battles, clearly the game was designed as a space MMO. And so Arborea was created this way fortunately or not.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 5:56PM Drunken Irish Sniper said

@Nenene. That's a very loserish thing to say.

The female body is to be admired, not hidden away.

Go live in the mid east if you hate female bodies so much.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 6:04PM Thasri said

@Drunken Irish Sniper
I think you guys are missing his point. Barely covered chick that are suppose to be tanks doesn't really look right as far as armor goes. Don't get me wrong I like a set a boobs as much as the next guy but come on, how does not having any thing on count as armor? Just saying.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 6:56PM Drunken Irish Sniper said

@Thasri . The shield is for blocking and the light armor is for movement (dodging attacks).

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 7:38PM Thasri said

@Drunken Irish Sniper
Yea, if you haven't ever played an MMO, tanks usually wear plate armor, now the pic at the top of the page here shows a women wearing some nice plate looking armor which btw looks very good, but they still managed to get the huge cleavage in there to lol, but looks good non the less.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 1:02AM Falknir said

There are other female heavy armor sets that covers up most of the body, one of them is shown when making a female human lancer. Not to mention, there are even male heavy armor sets with exposed abs and such. So, it's not like the game is entirely fixated only on females getting lesser armor coverage.

In addition, any parts of the body not exposed while behind a massive shield and spear wall is simply redundant (the big defenders of the game), if not only just a show of strength, wealth, and status. In addition, considering how small the females are in terms of muscle mass in this game. Is it really a big shock they are not wearing the same heavier full-coverage armor as the male counterpart nearly twice their size?

Also, for humans; breasts, midriffs, buttocks, arms, feet, and legs can be stabbed or cut without putting one's life in great jeopardy (without going into great detail about human anatomy).

Of course, the game could still cover up these areas with weaker materials, but it's not my place to dictate their game's lore and how it's armor matured.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 6:07AM USSSkipjack said

@Nenene
I agree with you. I find the asian visual style quite silly. The female armor looks more like metal lingerie. Guess that fuels the wet dreams of asian grown ups and western teen boys. ROFL.
The swords, hammers, etc are gigantic and if I just absolutely hate it when some combo involves hitting the ground with said weapon. Why? It is outright silly. I much prefer the more toned down style of AOC and also LOTRO.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 6:11AM Valkesh said

@Drunken Irish Sniper

What HE said is "loserish"? There's a considerable difference between being appreciated and being objectified. Apparently nobody waiting for this game knows the difference.

Good to know the general maturity level of the community waiting for this game ahead of time so people can steer well clear of it...

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 8:52AM Bongo123 said

@Nenene
its a game... /slapshead

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 5:59PM Thasri said

I want to try these game but I probably wont because by the time it comes out in the US I'll hopefully be playing TOR and GW2.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 6:11PM Somnicide said

@Thasri TOR maybe, GW2? Doubtful.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 7:33PM Thasri said

@Somnicide
Well we can always hope lol.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 6:01PM MMOaddict said

This article still didn't answer what their definition of "westernizing" is. Lore has NOTHING to do with westernizing a game. It's all about the mechanics.