Posted: Jan 18th 2011 6:11PM pcgneurotic said

"wow, 17, has it been that many already?" - I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the number there!

I've been playing RoM since launch in Europe, and fortunately I've never had a reason to have to use customer support. I will agree though, that the diamond buying process is quite a hassle, which is not at all what you want your players to feel when you're asking them to reach for their wallets. Otherwise, I'm 100% happy with the game so far.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 6:57PM TheElvenAssassin said

I have to agree - RoM is a great game and it has lots of amazing, friendly people. However, the customer support is severely lacking. The GMs are great people who are involved on the forums and in-game alot, but it would be nice if they could do the tickets too. I usually have to wait 1-2 days to get a response.

Like pc said, I'm 100% happy with the game.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 9:00PM Phenomen said

RoM is one of the best F2P titles of nowdays along with Allods.
Actually you can play and have fun without using cash shop at all.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 11:54PM Jef Reahard said

@Phenomen

Yeah I enjoyed my time in game, and but for the need to talk in global, I wouldn't have bothered with the shop at all. It'll be interesting to see if they ever upgrade their support, and also to compare it to other F2P support teams.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 2:51PM Bigwig said

In fairness you can get the item to speak in global chat for free from mini-games or the instance near obsidian stronghold. at least the last time i played.

And i did have a positive experience with customer service.

But that is not to say I haven't had posts/threads deleted in their forums or seen misbehaviour by community reps.

Posted: Jan 20th 2011 4:16PM Jef Reahard said

@Bigwig

Oh yeah? I wish some of the folks I asked had known that, would've saved a chunk of change, lol.

Betawatch: November 15 - 21, 2014

Posted on Nov 21st 2014 8:00PM

The Stream Team: No more Landmark tour deaths!

Posted on Nov 21st 2014 3:00PM