Posted: Jan 17th 2011 8:41PM Xocolatl said

Well, I know that in Ragnarok Online, there are programs that gets the timing correct so that you are always successful in upgrading weapons (and weapon upgrades in that game only has something like 5% success rate at the end).

RNG are ultimately numbers generated based on algorithm (usually based on time). It is impossible to nail down the precise moment, but it WILL be biased to a certain number. If you can manipulate that, you win big.
It's the same as those digital roulette in casinoes--I've seen someone who just sat there, collecting data for almost an hour. He started betting for 5 minutes (which was quite a few rounds), and walked away with 20grand.

Posted: Jan 17th 2011 9:25PM Marklar19 said

I just tried doing a 360 before trying the 2nd alchemy expert test item, but still failed on the proc, which is about the 6th time....so I've spent about 20 or so million :(

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 2:08AM michaelg said

@Marklar19
wait till the update comes it will make it easer

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 2:10AM michaelg said

when my friend enchamens her weps she always asks me to wish her good luck, it works 95% of the time.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 2:38AM Unverfied B said

(A long long decade ago, in a game far away...)

When i was playing UO there was a rumor, or a very widespread superstition if you will, that moving in a certain pattern while trying to gain skills would increase your chances by a significant amount...

You can read more about it here: http://www.uopowergamers.com/8x8_pub16.shtml

Now you probably think it's yet another stupid superstition, right?

WRONG!

After being exploited for years by the players (and at some point it became common knowledge, with guides all over the internet and stuff) EA/OSI finally acknowledged that it was a "misfeature" of their PRNG, which was seeded (along with other stuff) from your world coordinates, and the "random" numbers could be influenced by moving in a certain pattern.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 11:28AM Kerbion said

My 28 Cleric has the full descendant's set and it took me a week to get the the four sockets filled. I wasted more then 100 stones. I started with spell crit stones, then moved to magic accuracy, then to finally to HP when my funds dried up. Then I was trying to socket my 24 chanter with crit and accuracy and when through another 100 stones on one piece of BLUE gear.... Their results are a joke, and the Aion needs to have an RNG system overhaul. I know I've had about enough of it.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 2:25PM Yarr said

Kerbion is completely right, the whole Victor Shugo thing is a joke. They don't do proper testing, don't list how they tested, don't test varying conditions / levels / item colors / etc. Apparently NCWest knows so little about their own game they don't have access to the actual program code to know exactly how the RNG works. From my own limited (but certainly more thorough and scientific) testing, the full DP bar does seem to affect some crafting. On certain levels and types of items it seems to greatly increase the success rate, a bit below that it appears to have no effect at all and below that it seems to make things worse. That also matches what some of the Korean devs hinted at back when the game was released in Korea, as well as the Korean players findings. Without knowing what the program code actually does I can't confirm that, but how lame is it when the people running the game have to do something like this, not to mention doing such poor job of it in the first place?

I know the CMs and such probably mean well, but for crying out loud, just talk with the devs in YOUR OWN COMPANY and find out the exact information, rather than put out bogus info based on testing that any grade school math or science teacher would point out as totally flawed.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM