DC Universe Online carried the week with a huge launch that's gotten our writers and our readers suiting up in spandex and fighting (or reveling in) supercrime. After we rounded up the best DCUO goodies for launchday, we were treated to another round of videos. Thursday we learned that the launch was going well enough to merit brand-new PvP servers. And finally, DCUO Game Director Chris Cao sat down with us for a lengthy two-part interview on the state of the game. Are you looking for a good league in the game? Check out the end of this week's character-creation-themed DCUO column Alter-Ego, where Krystalle discusses how you can join up with the Massively crew in DCUO!
Join us past the break for a look at this week's other top stories!
- The Perfect Ten: Best non-traditional MMO fantasy races
Justin highlighted the top 10 most creative non-trad races in fantasy MMOs.
- Masthead reveals new Earthrise beta video, Earthrise server located on US east coast
Reactions to the new organic sci-fi MMO's latest video and single server location were mixed.
- When is "ready"? SWTOR's Community Manager discusses player concerns
BioWare explained that ready is when ready is.
- Irreverent confession: An interview with Faxion Online's UTV True Games
We interviewed the team at UTV True Games about its upcoming heaven-vs.-hell MMO.
- RIFT reveals Warrior build-your-class video, A tour guide to beta four, Next RIFT beta event begins January 25th, Talking RIFT with Scott Hartsman
Trion continued its RIFT PR assault!
- Become the bear? I already am the bear
We analyzed ArenaNet's backstory-reveal of the kodan race.
- Top secret: Cryptic revamps website, hints at new project
Cryptic's new website caused a rumor storm about its next MMO.
- EVE blogs examine CSM discussions on nullsec warfare, An inside look at EVE Online's CSM
December's CSM prompted colorful discussions across the EVE blogosphere.
- Champions Online: Free for All gets launch date
Cryptic's superhero game finally announced a F2P relaunch date.
- The road ahead for City of Heroes: Our interview with Melissa Bianco
We interviewed Paragon Studios' Melissa Bianco on the future of CoH.
- The Soapbox: Game "journalism" is not journalism (yet)
Jef examined the state of modern MMO journalism.
- Tell us what you think of Massively!
We asked you to give input on the content of our site.
- Wasteland Diaries: Hardcore mode
Ed delivered a tongue-in-cheek guide to hardcore play in Fallen Earth.
- There's a conspiracy afoot: Funcom and EA co-publishing The Secret World
Funcom's modern horror MMO got its first hint of publishing plans.
- New EverQuest progression server coming this March
SOE's oldest MMO announced a reprise of its old progression servers.
- Cataclysm sells 4.7 million copies in one month
Who says World of Warcraft is dying, again?
- Is comparing your game to World of Warcraft really such a good idea?
Sacco wondered whether trying to be a "WoW-killer" is really worth the trouble.
- Ghostcrawler responds to heroic dungeon difficulty complaints
Bluenames attempted to tackle the issues of challenge, time, and fun.