Posted: Jan 16th 2011 2:49PM (Unverified) said

I really enjoyed this game because it felt different than other MMOs. I never played Voyage Online, so I can't compare the two.

Posted: Jan 16th 2011 3:24PM Rindon said

Ah nice write up. Glad you enjoyed your time with us on UWO.

Quest grinding can be a little boring with the adventure class but its amazingly simple to change classes and work on maritime or trade.

*you get double the exp you normally would for skills that are in the "class" type you are playing. i.e. if you are adventure your battle skills are only getting half exp.

The $$ over levels/items thing is on a lot of items, but most of the ships require x level and some items require x fame. i.e. the xebec I captain required me to attain level 38 adventure/25 battle.

Posted: Jan 17th 2011 12:28AM mmark said

Beau seemed to give up in frustration way too quickly.

Posted: Jan 17th 2011 9:40AM Beau Hindman said

@mmark I'm not sure where I gave up in frustration -- perhaps in the video? I probably did at several points, though, simply because the game does a poor job at times explaining things. Skills with different names, stuff like that.

Still, I had a lot of fun. Great for laptop playing, too!

Beau

Posted: Jan 17th 2011 6:38AM LuxAurumque said

I am sorry to be a downer, but if you thought that the beginner tutorial was long your in for a shock if you keep playing. There is also a intermediate and Advanced tutorial as well that are many times longer. It takes a long time to complete all the training but is worth it as the game is so complex. My only complaint would be that for so complex a game the out of game information can be a little hard to find and many times it is in Japanese.

Posted: Jan 19th 2011 12:11PM Space Cobra said

Glad this got reviewed. Now I feel I can dip my toes in this a bit. :)