Posted: Jan 15th 2011 8:35PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

And most people are completely underwhelmed.

An expendable potion?

Seriously save yourself the money and just play on silver account level for free, the fanfare of these promotions didn't match the wonderful reward of a pot.

Posted: Jan 15th 2011 9:43PM Daelen said

Yay we know the pre order reward, we know its in beta and... thats about it to date. While other MMOs keep a steady stream of hype coming, EQ2 is quiet. You could say its a SOE thing but DCUO has a ton of social space, interviews, videos, screens... Last two expansions for EQ2 sucked, hoping Velious turns it around. RoK was awesome though =)

Posted: Jan 16th 2011 1:15AM winterborn said

If you did not like the last two expansions you will hate this one. Check out the Beta reviews after the NDA is lifted.

I dont think there are many rats left on this sinking ship.

Posted: Jan 16th 2011 1:19AM Nellie said

I can't believe I have to leave this comment on a third Massively article about the EQ2 winter rewards.

They. Are. Not. Rewards. For. Pre-Ordering.

You do NOT have to pre-order the expansion to get the December or January rewards. You ONLY have to be subscribed when the rewards are given.

The February rewards also do not require you to pre-order the expansion. You get them when you activate the expansion before Dec. 31 of this year if you got the December and January rewards. It has nothing to do with pre-ordering; people who buy the expansion without pre-ordering will still get this stuff if they have been subbed!

Posted: Jan 16th 2011 2:24AM aurickle said

@Nellie
Very true. I have not ordered the expansion. Not really sure if I want to. But I have been subscribed to the game and I have received the December rewards. I know I'll be getting Tuesday's as well.

Posted: Jan 16th 2011 6:35AM Bhagpuss said

The pup will go nicely with my kitten from the Halas launch. XP potions are always welcome.

Not concerned about the quality of these freebies, it's the quality of the expansion itself I'm worried about.

Posted: Jan 16th 2011 9:43AM Araxes said

This is a tad mis-informed.

Anyone currently subscribed gets the rewards; anyone who is currently subbed and buys the expansion and activates it by the end of 2011 gets the February reward, also.

Posted: Jan 16th 2011 11:18AM jonnyfrag said

SOE using misinformation about pre-order bonuses?
So ask nearly everyone that pre-ordered DCUO about that. You won't here it on any game sites as a news item or anything from SOE about it, but nearly everyone that pre-ordered DCUO felt like they were scammed and some will be waiting for their pre-orders to ship until March. Yes, March.

I don't believe a thing about pre-orders from SOE any longer. It's always bunk.

Posted: Jan 17th 2011 8:58PM Nellie said

@jonnyfrag

I think you misunderstood what Araxes and I were saying. No, SOE isn't using misinformation. Massively is the one with misinformation -- it is saying that the winter rewards are somehow pre-order bonuses when they are not. SOE is not saying that.

SOE hasn't even released what (if any) pre-order bonuses there will be. More details about the pre-order is going on Tuesday, I think.

Posted: Jan 16th 2011 11:19AM jonnyfrag said

Wow , wish there was an edit function...So should be Go and here needs to be hear. Bad typing troubles this morning.

Posted: Jan 18th 2011 10:19AM jonnyfrag said

The misinformation about pre-orders I was more speaking about was the massive fail on virtually all of DCUO's pre-orders.

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM