Posted: Jan 13th 2011 10:18AM shillagan said

I think Game reviews need to be more subjective, because when they are objective it is very easy to see the bias in the review; even though they say there is none.

"I think the trick is that you have to use words well enough so that these nickle-and-dimers who come around bitching about being objective or the advertisers don't like it are rendered helpless by the fact that it's good. That's the way people have triumphed over conventional wisdom in journalism." - HST

Posted: Jan 13th 2011 5:35PM Jeromai said

@shillagan

HST got it right. If you're going to buck the trend, you better be damned good and f--king entertaining. For those who can't muster an elaborate turn of phrase, then best to strive for objectivity while practising writing.

And no, 'lol' does not elucidate anything other than the fact the writer has no more imagination left and has resorted to putting his readership down instead.

Posted: Jan 13th 2011 10:21AM pcgneurotic said

ahahaha! That's a funny strip! I hit the random button and got this http://xkcd.com/604/ - another IT truism. I'd love to see the 'Ask Massively' on this. :D

Posted: Jan 13th 2011 1:08PM Ryn said

One of my Favorite writers! Imagine my surprise to see HST on the site lol.

Posted: Jan 13th 2011 1:45PM SocksForYou said

Tell me about the f***ing golf shoes!

Posted: Jan 13th 2011 10:02PM madeleen said

The Hunter Thompson mention is really ironic. Because I can't think of anyone else who would hate games and gamers more than this man would have in life. He was against complacency. And we gamers are a rather complacent bunch.

Posted: Jan 14th 2011 8:23AM dpking2222 said

DCUO question: I heard that Circe is the female villain mentor. Is this true? If so, does anyone know why Catwoman is on the villain side of the game's front cover?