Posted: Jan 12th 2011 3:06PM Gaff said

I'm really waiting on this month's class reveal also.

It had better be the Mesmer, as the current buzz is pointing toward. I loved that class from the first game.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 4:20PM Kamakazie said

@Gaff I'm betting on Golemancer. We've seen screenshots and artwork of Asura with golems before and we were introduced to two Golemancers in the first Guild Wars novel. It is inevitable!

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 3:17PM Kris015 said

GW3 will probably feature Kodan as a playable race then xD

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 3:59PM cray said

@Kris015 That's only an assumption because the Kodan seem very appealing. I'm sure you'll think the Quaggans, and Skritt should be playable once ArenaNet provides their background information.

I have no qualms with Kodan not being playable. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having awesome races that aren't playable. Makes world of Tyria more appealing.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 3:19PM SiML said

We had a Kodan GW2 article less than 21 hours ago, did we need another?. Let the bear puns begin...

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 3:54PM DemonXaphan said

@SiML
I can't bear anymore!

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 3:41PM Dumac said

Speaking of the remaining professions, i know its very unlikely for it to be in there, but i can't help thinking whatever happened to the chronomancer from the canceled Utopia campaign. It had some pretty badass concept art, and the idea a time manipulation mechanic is really interesting to me. Maybe the mesmer absorbed some of its characteristics and became a new profession. Or maybe im just too optimistic.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 3:51PM kjhasdfjkhk said

This is not going to be a playable race, at least not at launch. I am almost certain it will be in an expansion though.

As for professions, concept art + observation say it all.

Mesmer is pretty much a given, but it will undoubtedly be different because it wouldn't work with the mechanics in this game. My guess is that it might be mixed somehow with the Chronomancer. There's one more warrior class to be revealed, which is almost definitely something related to a paragon. Maybe not all the way, but keep in mind, the current Warrior class cannot use two-handed axes, spears or polearms, all of which are evident in concept art. It will most likely be a spear/polearm class. There are two more medium armor classes as well. They have shown the concept art for the assassin already, which leaves one newer class. They have shown concept art of a medium armor caster, most likely a shaman or druid type class.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 4:27PM Seldra said

Hopefully there's a class reveal this week or next, this lore is nice but I'm craving more meat.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 6:04PM Superjudge said

@kjhasdfjkhk
Two-Handed Axes, Spears and Polearms are not in the list of currently announced weapons... sorry.

I'll agree though that the 2nd soldier class will be something Paragon like but I imagine it will add some of the Monk abilities specializing in blunt weapons as well as focusing on defensive and protective auras. See Logan Thackeray's abilities in Edge of Destiny.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 10:04PM Mikx said

"But here's the thing: Guild Wars itself -- while a fantastic game -- always had the potential to be so much more, just like the centaur storyline"

Yes, just look into the ingame sources. Prophecies is an interesting story, but kind of underdeveloped. The addition of the "Flameseeker Prophecies" ingame mission book adds so much to the experience, with complexity and storytelling that I wish was in the game from the start. Still, that book and its entries are fantastic. With Prophecies (and Nightfall, and also some of the backstory for GW2/GW Beyond with Palawa Joko) Arenanet shows they are capable of ( and i presume enjoy telling) dark, intricate stories where player characters are lied to, are manipulated, and are forced to do some very bad things (kill the mursaat, release the titans, free Palawa joko).

It gives me a lot of hope for interesting storytelling in GW2. I doubt we'll simply be knights in shining armor slaying the evil dragons.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 10:15PM Jeromai said

Bipedal polar bears, do want! First thing that ran through my mind while flipping through the GW2 art book.

Second thing was: Aaargh, I know kodan won't be playable at start because they've already announced their five races. But I hope they've got expansion plans!

To learn that they're Buddhist polar bears (or inspired by, just as Factions culture was inspired by Japanese, Korean and Chinese cultures) just sweetens the deal. Heck, it may be the first MMO game with rich enough lore and reactive enough world with cause-and-effect that might make it possible for me to immerse in-character and roleplay since a very long time ago.

This is a neverending vicious cycle of anticipation. Even before the game is out, I want the expansion that makes certain nonplayable-at-start races playable. :)

Posted: Jan 13th 2011 11:12PM Valdamar said

Why why why, ArenaNet?! I've been so excited about playing a Charr and now you show me a race I'd like to play even more than a Charr, but you don't make it playable... /cry

One Shots: Mandy the Christmas Whale