Posted: Jan 11th 2011 2:41PM aurickle said

I loved how this was introduced. I happened to see a link to that letter on the game's login screen this morning and gave it a read. It seemed obvious that the relic needed to be investigated, but there was no other notice that I've seen about it. In short: new content being introduced solely through lore rather than a gold ring over someone's head.

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 3:34PM DancingTaco said

It only gets better as you find more relics, 5 in all. Pay close attention the NPC's and also the surrounding areas. Very nice mystery going on indeed!

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 4:40PM cowboyhugbees said

Man, there's no way I'm going to be leveled in time for Isengard. Oh well.

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 7:10PM oxlar said

• Half a heart
MMO of the year? You gotta be kidding me. This game went to complete crap this last year.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 12:35AM TheJackman said

@oxlar you may be down voted but personalty I do not like LOTRO at all... I think that the free to play spam thing did work out great for them... still they have much more to offer for free them most f2p games... well lets just be happy for them :D

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 10:18PM Caerus said

"...came to keeping us entertained all year long with small updates..."

Excuse me, but the most casual of glances at the forums or any patch notes will show how little new content has come out for LotRO in the past year. There hasn't been any new PvE content aside from festivals since last *****November***** (13 months ago).

I'm not saying LotRO doesn't deserve the award, but this statement is flatly untrue. I just started playing in October and until I hit the legendary item grind at 65 and burned myself out trying in vain to get a decent javelin, I was having an absolute blast. The content was already starting to get stale though (after 2 months or so), and the end-game hasn't changed in ages so it's a little tough to rope veteran players into running SG for the nth time, or explain the more complicated fights.

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 10:20PM Caerus said

@Caerus

I don't know why I bothered to say PvE there, the PvP has been unchanged for years. Regardless, my point stands.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 2:44AM Oizu said

@Caerus

I don't know why you have been down voted, but whoever it was is in the wrong. You are completely right, prior to F2P, the game got absolutely no new content for nearly a year, and the only content before that was a very disappointing 'expansion'.

I played Vanilla Lotro and thought it was great, but ever since the game has just got progressively worse in my eyes, the expansions and updates just added grind, and the new content got more and more unbelievable.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 12:20PM Nandini said

Calm before the storm? More like "yawn before the snore."

Players who get excited by 5 quests involving static objects and talking to the person standing right next to them must not have been around for the Amarthiel event leading up to the release of MoM.

One Shots: Mandy the Christmas Whale