Posted: Jan 10th 2011 5:23PM DemonXaphan said

Glad you have a computer that can finally work in sieges.
When i played i had only one graphics card and still do but getting ready to go SLI finally.
Think it's time to upgrade parts and finally get a better CPU for some of my games.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 5:53PM MotionX said

Performance was the main reason I hesitantly left AION after a year of playing. I'm not sure if it hated my hardware (phenom 9850 black, hd5870, 4gigs ram on Fios) but I ran maxed out graphics 1920x1080 at 45-60 fps at all times. Except the Abyss. Then I turned on lowest graphics, turned off all models except my group and got 1-5 fps. This was around the time of merges on Israphel, with battles of 200+ on both sides, so the lag may have just brought me to my knees, but after dealing with that for long enough I had to say goodbye.

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 1:24AM wfseg said

@MotionX
Same here. For a pvp game, performance is an issue. Doesn't seem fair that someone can have an unfair advantage over others because that person can afford a $4k rig vs laptop pvping soccer moms.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 11:48PM M1sterLee said

You can't use an old mouse with a new PC!!
Really though, it's suprising how much difference a good gaming mouse makes. I couldn't be without my Logitech G5 now.

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 2:30AM Foxhard99 said

I have these specs:
Intel Core i7 860 @2.8Ghz
Asus GeForce GTX 460 1Gb
Asus P7P55D Deluxe Motherboard
Kingston DDR3 4Gb
Western Digitals HDD 500Gb
Windows Xp Professional

Aion runs very smooth in open zones(300 FPS!),but in cities i get about 30 max.Abyss sieges are 1-5 FPS max...all settings are low and shift+f12 don't help that much =(

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 4:15PM ChongShin said

It's kind of funny that you spend nearly two grand on a machine and still feel the need to repeat disclaimers that you're not getting the best machine. Shaking my head here. This is why I've become a console player, more often than not.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused about the processor in your old machine. The Intel Q6600 is a quard core processor and clocks in at 2.40 GHz. The E6600 is a dual core processor but clocks in at 3.0 GHz.

The 2.40 GHz processor that you have listed should have been the quad core CPU, yes? Or am I missing a processor some place? :)

Just geeky curiosity.