Posted: Jan 10th 2011 8:36AM Gaff said

Still no beta date or even a tentative release date.

I'm really interested in TSW but I'm hoping we get some hard information soon, perhaps at GDC or even E3 later this year.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 8:41AM adamb said

Fingers crossed for a launch end of 2011, this is the one and only mmorpg that im excited about, if it doesn't launch im might stop gaming altogether - i need more than killing orcs and zapping space ships to keep me playing.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 9:08AM The Protagonist said

Im pleased its still out there as I have been excited for a long time about this. Im also glad they are taking their time developing it, hopefully it will release with the same polish and content as Rift.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 9:10AM Xsorus said

While I don't trust Funcom to release a good game.. I give them credit for coming up with something new..

and all the things that i've read about it, make me hope it actually does well.

a Skill Based 3 Faction PvP game set in Modern Horror.. yea.. that's win..

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 12:11PM The Protagonist said

@Xsorus If you are talking about Secret World, its not a "PvP game" per se (for example Darkfall), but primarily PvE but not unlike most MMO games has PvP content for those that want it. I agree the setting has much potential, fingers crossed :)

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 9:29AM Gaugamela said

Some news are better than no news. Good to know they found a partner for worldwide publishing. It's a positive development for this game.
I am really interested in it since it will be skill based, with 3 factions and a completely different setting from other MMOs.

I hope it's a winner and a better launch than previous Funcom titles.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 10:04AM dudes said

Jussssst release it already. whoever is publishing it dudes/

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 5:37PM Valdamar said

@dudes
Yes, because what we really need right now is another unfinished incomplete MMO rushed to launch :p

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 10:28AM Nerves said

I've been watching this one closely for the last year. While I am very pleased about the fact that it looks like this game WILL be launched and will have some money to work with, I'm also worried about EA's involvement. I hope that the creative control of the product remains in the hands of Ragnar Tornquist, and not the suits at EA.

This is the only game I'm excited about right now. Please don't suck.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 10:47AM Owlcat said

I just hope they get the combat right. The few vids I've seen had people in bad clothes(they reminded me of clowns) spewing fire from thier hands in a clunky robotic way.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 10:55AM (Unverified) said

This spells certain doom for the game. EA doesn't exactly have a very good record at publishing MMO's.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 7:14PM mmogaddict said

@(Unverified) Perfect match then, cause neither does Funcom.

AO Launch.
AoC Launch.

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 5:40PM Valdamar said

@(Unverified)
If anything EA might hold Funcom to higher standards than they hold themselves - we can only hope.

Of course I'll take that sentence back if SWTOR has a failure of a launch.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 11:33AM Skyydragonn said

"We are tremendously excited to be working with what is undoubtedly the world-leading games publisher for the past decade, "

Has anyone mentioned to funcom that EA stocks have dropped %68 in the last few years. i wouldn't nessecarily be so willing to trust them with my game. Especially considering the absolute MESS many other EA published titles are in currently.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 12:36PM WolvenSpectre said

And there was a great disturbance in the conspiracy... as if a thousand Dragon, Illuminati, and Templar (but mostly Dragon.... there is more of them you know) cried out in frustration and then suddenly fell silent.

The hopes and dreams, not to mention Machinations, of expectant players believing that their MMO would come out as a highly voiced and dramatic MMORPG with leveless and classless skill based gaming BEFORE the voiced Juggernaut (literally) of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and rumours that they would adopt the EVE-Online ingame currency purchase model now demolished by their dark pact with the Dark Side of the games industry force more interested in its intrests than its new partner's.

I drop to my knees in a Kirk like pose and yell "TOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!"

(I bet Darth C'Thulu is behind this... AGAIN!!!)

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 12:57PM (Unverified) said

Funcom and EA? Sounds good, only NCSoft and Cryptic are missing. :3

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 2:36PM smg77 said

• 1 heart
Soooooo...now two fail companies are going to publish this fail game. The crash and burn will certainly be fun to watch...

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 3:11PM DancingCow said

@smg77

I think AoC was pretty dismal but the things I hated about it appear to be totally absent from TSW. I think the game looks really promising.

Their biggest challenge, IMO, will be SWTOR because they're both going down a similar road in terms of emphasis on story. SWTOR will probably launch first and set the standard. If TSW doesn't at least meet that standard then that might hurt them a bit.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 6:32PM Nepentheia said

LOL! There should be a drinking game for press releases from TrondA. He loves to use the word "fantastic" (pronounced "fahntahsteeek"). *chuckles*

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 6:48PM Fausts said

The Secret World had better succeed. I'll commit to playing just for the HP Lovecraft style elements.
Oh how I yearn to take a shotgun to some Deep Ones.