Posted: Jan 10th 2011 12:05PM The Ogre said

• 1 heart
Ugh. This is going to result in even louder screams in CoH, GW, SWG and other games with a vocal "New stuff ruined the game!" crowd that seem to pretty much want to roll their games back to launch... So annoying.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 12:12PM FTPgodmode said

@The Ogre you are correct sir.. WHERES THE SWG ROLLBACK?!?!?! WTF *RANT*

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 12:06PM Bartlebe said

Oh lordy.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 12:20PM paladinorwell said

This might be kinda cool, I'll have to wait it out and see what else they say about it before I'm totally committed.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 12:35PM Araxes said

Now, if they could do the same for EQ2!

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 12:47PM infinityv said

Might have to re-sub to EQLive for a while. See if my undying love for the evercrack results in some state of bliss or agony.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 1:54PM pcgneurotic said

wwww0000000ttttt!!!!!!1111

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 2:07PM Suspiro said

Vanguard rollback please!!!! Want group pvp back!!!

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 3:27PM InventionExchange said

I hope they don't go so far back that there isn't a task system & quest log.

One thing I don't miss about classic EQ is writing down quest details and NPC names on a piece paper to keep track of what to do.

/loc /loc /loc /loc /loc /loc

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 11:27PM Gaulroth said

@InventionExchange

I dunno man, this is something i cherish when looking back at my time in EQ. I remember flipping through a binder of maps and feeling really connected with the world because i had a tangible map that was otherwise unavailable in game.

The same goes for UO's cloth map - i'd give a pretty penny if i could find my original copy.

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 12:26PM StClair said

@Gaulroth:

I understand the feeling, believe me, but this is the 21st - all of that data, if not provided by the game, will be ripped and posted to a strat site (wiki or otherwise) within a week.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 3:45PM Syesta said

Haha.
Shout for SoW and /dragcorpse like err'day.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 5:27PM Sethisto said

I was looking for one of these 8 months ago, beyond hyped.

Until I found a progression style solo server. That was some of the most fun i've had in forever. farming ntov for loot solo on the 1 hour respawn bosses so I could get geared up for luclin junk, ect.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 6:24PM Daelen said

EQ does this fairly often. Whats new this time out is the timeline being fixed. Its usually tied to clearing end content. Its not a return to the original, just locks on the zones. So current engine, UI, QoL... etc. Which depending on the schedule could be fun because normal progression servers cap out real fast due to how to put it nicely... no life 24/7 raid guilds just ploughing through content for the 1000th time.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 6:25PM AlienFanatic said

Holy CRAP! A 1999 server?!!! If that's true, I'm there!

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 8:28PM PrimeSynergy said

Just out of curiosity, why don't they do this for SWG? I don't play the game and probably wouldn't even if they did do this, but it just seems like it'd make a lot of fans happy. Meh, sounds cool though.

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 2:07AM Taedirk said

@PrimeSynergy I don't think I've met a Galaxies player that isn't still bitter about the NGE patch. EQers seem to be holding on to nostalgia more than the bitter hatred that some of the major SWG changes evoked.

Posted: Jan 11th 2011 11:30AM Thojorkill said

Not going to even come close to nostalgic gameplay. Boats, revamped zones (they won't roll these back) and a slew of other problems just like the other progression server will plague this one.

There is another alternative, and it kicks booty. I'll remain there as opposed to shelling out $15 a month for a half assed effort on SOE's part.

Why I Play: ArcheAge