Posted: Jan 8th 2011 1:12PM Waxil said

Wow this game is still alive? Does it actually have a population or is it pretty much dead ala MO/DFO/etc?

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 1:19PM Laama said

Fix WAR's RvR instead, please :)

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 8:01PM drakon said

@Laama

Having played DAoC from release until WAR then it for a year and a half. I disagree. WAR as a game is too fundamentally flawed to fix I believe. I know the 3rd realm is really touted as a failing of WAR but I strongly believe that. I remember many times both Hib and Mid ganging up on Alb (huge population advantage at the time).

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 3:42PM Loopy said

Why is this game still active? Nothing against it, or its players, but it's extremely outdated.

I'm actually very curious as to why people still find it attractive? Is it the community? Or something else?

Posted: Jan 9th 2011 12:21PM Darkjoy said

@Loopy PvP, or RvR as they call it.

It's good PvP, very good group PvP, must be coordinated and have some skill to win a good 8v8.

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 5:33PM Alex Oglitchkin said

Graphics don't make a game great. Aion was proof of that. DAoC has very solid gameplay and the PVP is very balanced which is what really does keep many around.

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 5:50PM Bladerunner83 said

Great game, especially with the graphics turn all the way up. I don't currently play now, but a couple months back I renewed my sub. for a months to see how the game's state was; To my surprise the game still looks great and that screenshot above does not give it justice. Basically nothing has changed in the games mechanics still the same old run out into RvR and look for the most populated spots for action...watch out for those stealthy characters. It's better to just get with a guild and do things as a group, and yes people still play; There may not be that many anymore say about 2000 people that actively play on the US side. The good news is, the servers are clustered so you will eventually run into someone.

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 8:03PM drakon said

@Bladerunner83

I've thought about renewing my sub, but always end up at the fact that I'm way too far behind the 8-ball at this point.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 10:18PM Fril said

lag ghosting bug would be huge fix imo. As for the adding more tiers into the RA's, i think that would be a mistake as it would have players put more points into the abilities to get where they want them to be.(ex. i have lurikeen shade that uses blades, i use aug str 4, it very relevant for my race to have this. if aug str 4 would be change to say, aug str 8? that a ton of points to use to get there that i already have it atm, forcing to go pierce and not ever being able to be relevant in the use of blades.) Just a thought i had when i read this letter. I am sure other races for certain classes would also have issues, but this one is familiar to me as i have the class as this race. Only way i can see this even remotely working would be to reduce the pts. used to obtain the ability.

Posted: Jan 15th 2011 4:24AM crazyrvrdude said

Here are some things I think should be patched into the game this year. I feel by doing so it will help bring a whole new generation into the game. I hope someone from Mythic/EA reads this.

1. Have the characters able to move about more smoothly like they do in Warhammer Online.
2. Upgrade the User Interface to the same capabilities as the one in Warhammer Online. Being able to mouseover for character and object info makes things a whole lot easier. Plus being able to right click on a charater or there name and have a menu of options makes things easier also.
3. A Mail System like Warhammer Online has.
4. A Looting System like Warhammer Online has.
5. I know I'm not the first person to bring this up. That the Crysis engine be used for the game to replace the current one. Proof of concept here http://mharjula.blogspot.com/ Allow the player to MAJORLY tone down the effects for people whose PC can barely handle the Catacombs engine. Start with very low flash and allow the player to enable certain features to get to the top playable level their rig can handle.
6. Last but not least. Commercials? In the past decade, I've never seen a commercial on any game you put out. Media on TV would help greatly get the numbers back up.