Posted: Jan 7th 2011 9:45PM lazymangaka said

I received an email today saying that Pandora Saga from Atlus is in open beta. Perhaps that should be added to the list.

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 1:11AM bigmishn said

The silence (and now, blankness) on Captains of Darktide makes me sad. I really enjoyed this game, even with its flaws and I hope it eventually appears again. Silverlode Interactive's other game, SAGA, is still going strong. They're even developing an iPhone SAGA Tactics game. No mention of CoD on their company website, though.

If this game does show up again, please give it some press.

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 3:45AM sortius said

All I've been doing since it came online is play Rift. After leveling 7 chars to 85 in WoW, I am thoroughly sick of it. Rift is close, but different enough to be a whole lot more fun.

As the comments have been, it's like blizzard secretly made a shinier sexier WoW. Can't wait till the NDA is dropped so everyone can have a look at the tasties over the weekend.

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 5:53AM Dril said

@sortius

NDA's been dropped for ages now...

Also; I love Rift, but I'm not playing the beta. I'd rather not spoil it any more by doing everything on a character I won't see again in a few weeks.

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 9:41AM sortius said

@Dril

Unfortunately there's a new NDA for this session. I can understand the ache you must feel to just want to play, it is rather addictive. I'm seriously considering buying it.

The bugs are fixed quick smart at the moment, let's hope it follows through to the final version.

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 1:18PM Dril said

@sortius

There's a new NDA? You sure?

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 10:50AM RaskVann said

The following message was left in the source code of the website:

"The Servers Are Now Offline
Wednesday, 25 August 2010 10:24

Captains of DarkTide has received a lot of attention lately. Many new zones and features have been release and the first previews have been written. With all the good publicity, we have caught the eye of some large publishers and today we are pleased to announce that one of these publishers has seen the potential and offered to take Captains of DarkTide to the next level.

To facilitate the move to the new state of the art hosting facilities and to get CoDT integrated with all the cool features of the new publisher, we will be taking down the servers for a while. Once everything has been completed, CoDT will be back, better than ever.

While we cannot yet name our new friends, we feel confident that with their previous success record, larger team and budget Captains of DarkTide is in good hands. Keep an eye here for news about when the servers will be turned back on and for more information about how your favorite pirate game will be improved."

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 1:28PM bigmishn said

@RaskVann
Yes, that's the same message that was actually showing before, so perhaps there's a problem with the code and it's no longer displaying.

I emailed Jason Faller, the President of Silverlode Interactive (CoDT and SAGA's developer), and CoDT is most likely still going to be released, but it could take a while. They are still bound by the terms of the arrangement with the publisher, so nothing more could be elaborated.

Keep your eyes peeled!

Posted: Jan 8th 2011 1:33PM lizardbones said

Of the games listed, I would recommend Picaroon to anyone looking for a MMORTS. It's a quiet game and you can spend as much or as little time playing each session as you want. Each game lasts 15 days instead of a couple hours.

Pirate Ships and Nuclear Warheads...what's not to like? :-)

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant