Posted: Jan 6th 2011 12:15PM Thasri said

Aww man for a second I thought you guys had beta keys to give away. :(

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 12:20PM Coolit said

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a game.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 12:24PM ArrisB said

Woot! I am looking forward to this game too.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 12:30PM Aganazer said

Wake me up when they add EVE's equivalent of high-sec.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 1:18PM Greyhame said

I'll try it out, but yeah I don't see myself sticking with it too much based on current information.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 1:22PM Kerbion said

After doing some research this looks like total drek, poor animations, poor combat, basically looks like the company tried to remake Global Agenda in a sandbox. BLEH, this game will do the route of the dodo in no time.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 1:34PM Narof said

Still not sure about this, I REALLY wan tto play it but as with alot of people the FFA PVP is the only sticking point.

Maybe i just need to grow a pair :P

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 3:23PM Dumac said

I would like to give it a shot... I signed up for the beta in 2009 but nothing ever came out of that. Signed up again just in case. :)

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 6:20PM Machinator said

Kinda off topic here, but it relates to Earthrise. Is anyone else experiencing trouble with the forums.play-earthrise.com site? Whenever I try to navigate there I get redirected to forums.play-earthrise.com/warning.php and told that my computer is engaged in malicious online behaviour. It tells me to enter some numbers to continue but that sounds a bit dodgy.

This has happened on my Android phone (weird enough) and just now on my friends MacBook Pro.

Clues?

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 2:53PM ColRoofles said

@Machinator They're onto you.

Do you have a public IP? Are you behind a proxy?

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 6:21PM claytondora said

@Jasdemi
And what exactly would that sandbox be? One where you can sit around all day building castles, but aren't allowed to throw sand at the other children? Stick to your theme parks carebear.
I am cautiously optimistic about Earthrise. If they get certain things right at launch, such as combat and crafting, I think the game has a very good chance at flourishing. I will most definitely be getting it on launch day.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 10:13PM End Dream said

I'm a huge fan of FFA PvP.. but if a game simply revolves around that its not much of a sandbox.. sure the freedom to attack people is a sandbox feature.. but many more are required.. hopefully there will be more sand.

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 1:21AM real65rcncom said

sigh.. just looked at the official beta video.

Looks like another "console MMO" with controllers.

If so, count me out. I don't want 'action' games in my PC.

Posted: Jan 9th 2011 9:35AM Machinator said

Just on my Android phone at first, but then the laptop I used was using the wireless network provided by my phone, so it was technically the same connection.

Why I Play: ArcheAge