Posted: Jan 6th 2011 11:51AM Harley Dude said

I sense another indie sandbox released in a near alpha state because they ran out of money incoming...

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 12:36PM Bartlebe said

@Harley Dude

Its like you're reading my mind.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 3:05PM SocksForYou said

@Harley Dude

My impression as well. Same with Earthrise.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 5:13PM Skyydragonn said

@SocksForYou

I'm actually hoping that earthrise offers all the things that global agenda lacks coupled with some of the fun that the old Tribes game offered. Tap into EVE Onlines self policing policy....If it can do that I can see it sticking around for awhile.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 2:20PM Skolia said

Always a good sign when all the screenshots 3 months before release are concept art.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 3:48PM Aganazer said

Sounds cool. I'll certainly wait for opinions on release, but I am excited about the possibilities.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 4:41PM Greyhame said

Sounds interesting. It's one to watch at least.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 7:55PM ChongShin said

Question: "...who are unfamiliar with the game?"

Response:

"a simple version of what I originally designed many years ago"
"A lot of features are in a simple form"
"to support a lot of unique features I have planned"

^ Those are just quick samples from his closing paragraph.

Yeah. Dude, you so cleared that up for us folks who are unfamiliar with the game. So glad to hear that it's a "simple version" of what YOU developed years ago - although I have no idea WHAT you developed years ago, or WHAT features are in "simple" form (or why they're simple, as I have no idea what you're comparing them to).

...and, just to top it off, I am disappointed to admit that I have not yet developed my telepathic powers and as such I have no idea what unique features you have planned.

FAIL.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 11:58PM DancingCow said

A lot of things about Xyson appeal to me - but clear information about the skill system is lacking, and from what I've been able to gather there is a soft skill cap of some kind, which doesn't appeal.

Posted: Jan 22nd 2011 10:47PM Mirokata said

"Our player base has been asking for a Mount & Blade type of combat system and this is something we will look into when we are capable."

This quote speaks volumes about the game, the community, and Jordi himself so far. A handful of the two handfuls of people that post on the game's forums discussed the combat system, and this is the outcome -- he wants to implant an extremely complex and delicate combat system into a game ***that doesn't emphasize combat***.

I've followed this games development since last March, and there is a lot I'd love to type to really explain the absurdity of this story, but I digress.... Every part of this is mind blowing, to me. The fellow is completely out to lunch... luckily for him, so is most of the diehard sandbox crowd.

WRUP: Lucky Korea