Posted: Jan 6th 2011 8:42PM mmogaddict said

I'm neither here nor there on having an updated avatar for EvE but I am excited to see this as a nice tech test for World of Darkness.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 10:15PM WeirdJedi said

I feel this is like putting up a beautiful painting in a little kid's room. I applaud the complexity and improvement of how nicely done the new character customization will be for EVE Online. I also feel that the feature will be short lived for the lack of usage.

I do admit that perhaps this is a good stepping stone to something new. When I played, I spent a huge amount of time with my character only to realize that I would never see him. You might walk around a station, but can you do anything interesting? Time will tell.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 10:59PM mmogaddict said

@WeirdJedi The station stuff is all coming, but yes, essentially this is more about CCP's upcoming mmorpg World of Darkness than it really is about EvE.

World of Darkness is based on White Wolfs Pen and Paper RPG - Vampire & Werewolf and possibly several others (like Wraith, Changling and Mage).

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 11:24PM (Unverified) said

@mmogaddict

I would say it's more about CCP's long-term goal of making EVE Online the best sci-fi/space opera simulator ever. World of Darkness just happens to be able to get the benefits from it.

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 12:25AM coreyblueexclusive said

@unverified No your wrong,it's the other way around.Eve online is using this technology from CCP's Atlanta Company (The Ones behind WoD MMO.)So eve online is benefiting from the WoD MMO,they share technology since there from the same company.I hope you get what I'm saying.I'm not going to far into this since I'm tired,just had to make it clear from everyone.EVE ONLINE IS USING TECHNOLOGY FROM THE WORLD OF DARKNESS MMO.CCP ICELAND IS USING TECHNOLOGY FROM CCP ATLANTA. Hope that cleared things up.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf26ZhHz6uM&feature=related A little taste of your Incarnia,from the WoD MMO.

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 12:48AM SgtBaker1234556 said

@coreyblueexclusive

You actually mean WoD exists and someone is working on it in Atlanta? It's not just typical CCP vaporware? Have you seen it?

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 1:17AM Graill440 said

@coreyblueexclusive

Some of the better movement i have seen, the avatar walking up and down the stairs was very good.

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 9:42AM Aganazer said

@coreyblueexclusive

I know you're convinced that its all a big conspiracy intended to give EVE table scraps while all the real effort goes into WoD, but have you considered that they might be developing the Carbon technology with BOTH games in mind right from the start.

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 9:25AM Dblade said

Problem is in game, that picture takes up a teeny tiny window, so all the extra detail wont matter. And while storing the picture on the server works, actually dropping a hi-res avatar and making it interact with other avatars via walking in stations is going to be hell on single server performance.

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 5:04PM DrewIW said

@Dblade

They've already mentioned that WiS will be instanced and seperate from in-space gameplay. APB managed (with middling results) to get large numbers of unique player models in a small area, and I think CCP has the resources to pull it off better than RTW did.

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 11:11AM ultimateq said

I am cautiously optimistic. My birthday is on the 20th, could this be my birthday present? To finally make Eve appeal to a dumby like me? Because I've always wanted to play it, but could never stick with it. This gives me some hope.

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 2:41PM Protoster said

I don't understand any negativity here, how is this addition bad in any way?
Also, some people are unfamiliar with EVE so let me tell you. Currently, there is just a number of different races that only have 3 faces each, the amount of customization is not that large, so you end up seeing the same faces. With this new development, we will get truly unique looking faces.

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM