Posted: Jan 5th 2011 9:13AM TheSinisterOne said

This should be a lot of fun. I've had a lot of fun in the beta in general, althought I still have my doubts that this game is ready for a full release. But hey, who am I to judge. I wish them all the luck in the world, and this game has a ton of fun to be had, especially if you're a comic book geek.

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 10:00AM Metalmnky said

I'm going to close the beta off by kicking batman and superman's butt villains ftw

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 10:09AM dudemanjac said

Sad I'm going to miss it.

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 10:38AM Space Cobra said

Kinda suddenly announced, don't you think?

Also, only an hour long on each server. Not sure what can be done with tons of people in the same area lagging servers in just an hour.

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 11:43AM koehler83 said

If I can stay up, I'm totally there.

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 11:43AM ArhK said

Hum, I live in Europe, play to the beta, and never cared so far about the region server thing. Does the lack of current European Servers means that the PC version won't be sold in Europe ?

I don't really care as long as I can play in good condition to the US one, I was just wondering...

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 3:02PM madbassman39 said

It takes up 17 gigs on my 60 gig ps3 hard drive, so I wont miss the beta being gone. Thats the one reason I decided to not buy the game, because I need to spend the money on a bigger hard drive for my ps3 and only allow my self to buy 1 game related item a month (and this hard drive counts) so I can save up some of my money (stupid college student budget). I will miss the game, does anybody know if the game will be entirely on your PS3 hard drive like MMOs on the PC or if it will runn off the disk?

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 3:14PM Germaximus said

Sadly i start work just after the first event begins. :p

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 9:43PM Protoavis said

I hope there's a follow up story with how bad, bugged and how common it was for players to crash after a few seconds of logging in during this special event :)

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 6:37AM Yellowdancer said

I played for over 2 hours without crashing. My PC is 2 years old and I run winXP so its not like I'm top of the line anything.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 9:26AM jonnyfrag said

What Protoavis said...for most players, it was just a series of logins and crashes (weird debug errors with the client, not just server lagging and all that) Even the streaming video of Jim Lee playing from 'the HQ' i.e. right there with the servers showed it lagging and being crappy.
Game isn't ready yet and SOE is doing it's standard bait and switch and lying to players already...or still I guess depending on how you look at it.
Launch is going to be not a very smooth one.

Posted: Jan 6th 2011 10:26AM esarphie said

Oddly enough, this article reminds me I haven't touched the beta of DCUO in almost a month, except for an hour or so after each of the two bigger patches to see what the differences were.

I guess I don't need to subscribe to this one.

Posted: Jan 7th 2011 1:01AM Kentung said

Went to delete the DCUO Beta client from my system, since everything's done with. When I clicked on the delete button, it asked me if I wanted to uninstall C:\Windows\System32. Now there's some big fun!

I guess I will do a manual uninstall. And it will stay that way, definitely not a game for me. Didn't like the controls, the character builder, the powers set up, and, apparently, the DC universe.