Posted: Jan 4th 2011 2:11PM Zal said

The Vong joke made me laugh :D

Anyway, I agree a delay is coming. I pray it's not but I don't think we'll see the game in Spring. Just by reading impressions around it sounds like the game is not quite as far finished as most of us might think.

Oh well, I'd rather have the game arrive late and finished than early and missing content.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 2:40PM aistee said

We will properly also be introduced to the planet Nelvaan this year. Might be contested. SWtorstrategies wrote something about it:

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 3:11PM Lateris said

I agree, I think we will see a 2012 release. Sadly!

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 4:02PM HitmanZeus said

Yeah, that Vong joke was good. It would be a rather difficult situation for that poor Miralukan! XD

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 4:29PM sleepr said

This game will come out on spring, trust me. ;)

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 7:19PM Lateris said

@sleepr Oh? Do tell!

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 4:48PM Tom in VA said

I'll be very surprised if SWTOR is released this spring. That just seems awfully soon, all things considered.

I hope you're right, 'cause I'm sure looking forward to playing this game, but I think SWTOR will more likely release by late summer/fall at the soonest.

In the meantime, there'll be Dungeon Siege 3 and Dragon Age 2, to say nothing of Rift, to keep me occupied in the interim. :-)

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 5:54PM Noviere said

Spring does definitely seem too soon based on what's been leaked. I'm guessing Fall '11 will be when it launches.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 6:48PM Dar Edan said

2012 is more likely based on what I've heard from testers.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 7:00PM Ravoss said

Shame they spent a huge portion of their budget on Voice Acting. This could have really been a cool game. Supposedly EA is trying to axe the number of Dev's on the project to make up for the budget issue.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 7:21PM Lateris said

@Ravoss Do you have link for that? Or is it word of mouth?

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 3:50PM Ravoss said

@Lateris

My friend is a web journalist and sat down for beers with some drunk Bioware Devs at PAX? (I think it was PAX).

Turns out they are not happy campers. Can you blame them? Look at Mythic and WAR. It is not a surprise EA is going to be a lot more hands on. Especially if this is true about Bioware's Budget.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 9:58PM Stellar25 said

I would prefer that they delay the game then release it too soon. I understand that they will have to release it eventually due to business expenses. Yet, if they can put as much polish, content, etc into the game at launch it will help in the long run.

It seems that there are a lot of rumors still going around. The problem is that no one can or will back it up with proof.

Also, what can I spend my fanboy points on?

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 11:58AM Raithnor said

I saw the leaked character creator video that leakerz had posted and it seems like there will be three "Races" for each class and some races are exclusive to one class like the Chiss is exclusive to the Imperial Agent.

It reminds me of the backgrounds in Dragon Age. In Dragon Age all Magic-users had the Chantry Background, while only Elves could have the Daelish Elves background.

Planets - What the game needs is a planet that used to belong to the Republic and was surrendered to the Empire as part of the Treaty of Coruscant. The idea would be that the Sith are in total control of the planet, but there's an Republic-ish insurgency. If I had to name specific planets for this idea I'd have to go with Dantooine, Kahsyyyk, or Rodia. Another planet could be Geonosis, but that would be more of a Arena world that has a pro-Imperial Influence.

The problem with Ziost is it's too close to Korriban and Drummond Kaas. The story they are trying to tell is about a Sith Invasion of the Republic, so most of the stories are going to take place on planets where the Republic is playing defense.

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 12:12PM Valdamar said

I don't think they'll make an April launch either - I think late Summer or sometime in the Autumn is far more viable.

Also EA/Bioware may want to adjust their launch according to their main competition this year - Guild Wars 2. I think back to the last time two triple-A MMOs went head to head with very close release dates - 6 years ago when SOE rushed EQ2 to launch before it was ready, just to launch 2 weeks before WoW. Like Blizzard I can see ArenaNet launching when they're good and ready, but I'm not sure I trust EA not to pull an SOE and try to beat the main competition to market by rushing their launch.

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 3:02PM LordHades said

I don't really see how this game will even come out in 2011. They have done no large scale testing, no guild testing, and you don't really see anything in previews except for newbie stuff. Spring 2011 is a sure no go, and I'd be shocked if they release in 2011 at all.

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 9:29PM Nhoj1983 said

Well we just haven't been given the info to guess. The game is supposedly in the "last few touches" phase it's possible more people are testing than we know. They might just be actually using beta as it's supposed to be not a marketing ploy. Still if I'm wrong I'm wrong. In the mean time we have witcher 2 and dragon age 2 as well as rift.

As far as firing devs... umm no. Not before release. They've put far too much into the game to cause a delay in that way. In fact I heard they're bringing in more to try and speed up the thing. Rumor is rumor. That sounds just as credible as ea louse... which isn't much.

Posted: Jan 10th 2011 10:53AM (Unverified) said

lol i got 500 fanboy points... although it was determined while the vong are for lack of a better term "off the grid" when it comes to force sensitivity vongsense was eventually developed in an attempt to do a thin... nerd nerd nerd nerd nerd geek nerd geek geek nerd...

sorry had a moment there... and i'm supposed to be a trekkie >,

The Stream Team: Where the WildStar things are