Posted: Jan 4th 2011 5:29PM DemonXaphan said

Most of the people in L2 are in Dion, Gludio, Giran, etc...The lowbie areas about deserted and with the coming of CT3 will be changed to a new area for newbie toons. The grind does not get notices till you reach lvl 62, otherwise 1-60 will take about a month to get to.

They revamped a lot of hunting zones for high levels and parties and waiting for the last "Gracia update Hi5".

If you can get into a clan early the better off you are, but most don't except people till they are around lvl 50-60. Still a fun game and big changes are coming with CT3, so keep a look out for it if you still interested in it.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 5:34PM DemonXaphan said

@DemonXaphan
Oh as far as mounts early in game, there are only two, the wolf which you get at lvl 15 and the hatch-ling at lvl 35. At lvl 55 you turn the wolf and the hatch-ling to a ferner and strider and at lvl 55 the strider is ride-able, the wolf takes more time lvl 70 to ride.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 5:33PM (Unverified) said

Customer support for a game that has what ... 5000 players in the west ?

No wonder I am the first to react...

NCSoft makes 55% of its turnover in Korea...

God how these guys lie about their western numbers.

Incredible really.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 5:34PM (Unverified) said

One EU and one US server (half empty).

That's 2.500 per server.

Grtz for those wanting to play this thing.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 9:57PM Nhoj1983 said

I REALLY doubt there's only 5000 players. My years of playing L2 really show the fact that the game is truly a 24 hour game. You'll get people from all over the world on the same server. I've yet to find a better community experience either. Still I'm done with the game at least until Goddess of destruction. Four years of epic grind kind of makes you think twice about playing.

Still there's really something great about being spared the oddballs in world chat. People in L2 generally love nubies. The hard core pvp that the game's so famous for really isn't something that happens to "the average nubie" unless you make friends with the wrong faction of course. The "low leveled areas" aka below 60 or so give a much more ghost towny feel to the game than it really is. I really beleave that L2 is a perfect example to why a game can still be good and not be run in the same way WoW is. My best years in playing mmos were spent there... and I can't really get it out of my blood even now. Can't wait for that update...

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 11:36AM Jade Effect said

Lineage 2 is an oddball MMO to me. It has many mechanics that I generally stay clear away from. The top 3 being:

(1) widespread griefing such as players running huge mob trains to get you killed, which could result in you dropping your hard-earned items
(2) widespread botting and exploiting with NCSoft turning a blind eye
(3) game is non-customized for the Western market. It's like running a boat into the reefs, watch the boat take in water and keep staring at it until it's completely sunk

Yet, I enjoyed the game tremendously despite all that, plus the endless grinding for exp, skill point and adena, the ridiculous drop rate, the lousy UI (please go kidnap ArenaNet's Guild Wars UI developers), etc. I guess I was able to overlook the game's many flaws for the draw of the game's world design. It's just really beautiful. The light elf starter village is my most favorite MMO newbie area. I have also fond memories running around Enchanted Valley and partying in Cruma Tower.

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 12:40PM DemonXaphan said

@Jade Effect
I don't know how long you played L2 but your first two points are way off as they changed a lot. Now-a-days it's hard to train mobs onto someone unless they are real close and only time i see bots and that's if i see a bot are in cata's and necropolis's. As for the UI, well we will have to ait and see what CT3 does to change that, if it does.

Posted: Jan 12th 2011 7:47PM CaptPerrin said

L2 is not for everyone, if you’re a one game a month player and you expect to be the best kid on the block in 30 days or less it’s not for you. If you want instant gratification go play Counter Strike, WoW, or Combat Arms.

However, if you like an engaging deep game that requires commitment to understand and play it’s the best game on the market. I personally feel L2 has evolved into the adult MMO game on the market. IF you’re the old D&D dungeon master of your town L2 is your game. If you like Settlers of Catan L2 is your game.

I have been playing MMO’s a long time. I began my Graphic MMO life after text muds with Meridian59, I’ve played / tried about 20ish over the years. EverQuest , DAOC, SWG ect….yes even WoW. When L2 started in 2004 it became my personal leading MMO of all time.

The game is ever changing and evolving, new material from NcSoft and new player driven political states. NcSoft has made great strides in their customer service over the years. The game has matured and I hope NcSoft does a re-release with the new expansion on the horizon.

Bots are still around but not as prevalent, NcSoft has put in place new policies such as running the game without game guard (a security program) a banable offence. Most of the programs people did run disabled game guard. They have also made RMT’s a banable offence and have enforced that greatly.

Customization of the avatar is limited visually, however over the years with the addition of sub classes and sub class skill enhancements, and weapon and armor customizations. L2 has all the games on the market beat. NO 2 armors are alike they may look the same but they will all react differently.

PvP is the game. IF you want to build your avatar in peace and quiet and that’s it, L2 is not for you. Towns are your only safe zone. Here your enemies stalk you; your friends stalk you, its medieval intrigue at its finest. However, many of the new weapon enhancements add a no drop piece to them so you don’t loose your best items if you have them properly fixed. So PvP nirvana!!!!!!

Clans are the most important part of L2. It is a social game. It is not a solo log on in your basement type of standard American game. In order to participate in the L2 world you must join a clan that clan must be active politically and you must do your part. However that is all in the players hands. From full on clan wars all over the map, day end day out, to every 2 week castle and territory wars you can be engaged like no other game on the market today.

Most players live by their clans and the real player interactions are what make L2 great. Most use vent or team speak, have web pages and we do help young players because, WE WANT YOU! in our clan when you mature. However, you can’t expect to log in for a day and say over global; I have arrived!!!!! You must venture into the world of L2 and experience it, building your reputation as you build you character, gaining friends and enemies as you go. That alone makes it better than 90% of the current games on the market.

I challenge anyone that reads this post to come try L2, http://www.lineage2.com/ there is a 14 day free trial to let you see our world. If you happen to fit that old crusty D&D GM type, join Chronos and send me a message or drop me a Game mail, I’ll be happy to put you on the front lines next siege weekend in L2.

CaptPerrin