Posted: Jan 5th 2011 4:34PM Avernus said

I assume Xsyon is to be pronounced Zion, i.e. the mountain that Jerusalem is built on. But with a spelling that would not be lost in google. It would support the lore since Zion is a center for several world religions. Also, and here I am more widely speculating, the game is set in the U.S. midwest, possibly near Zion national park.

I may have to check it out, been following the forums for some time.

Posted: Jan 5th 2011 10:56PM Ripper McGee said

@Avernus FYI, from the official website

Landscape

The Xsyon starting world is a scaled version of the Lake Tahoe Basin which spans the California – Nevada border.

Terrain is based on US Geological Survey data.
Speed Tree 5.1
Speed Grass 4.
Reflective and refractive rivers, lakes and waterfalls.
Players can build roads, clear, level, raise and lower terrain.
120 sq km starting playing field, gradually expanding to a 1200 sq km area and beyond.

Posted: Feb 9th 2011 10:54AM bcrfan said

I succumbed to the possibility of this game, and have been playing for the past few days. It's got a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it, the game opens up into this huge, omg this is awesome.

You've got player run quests, you can build and design you keep from scratch or just live out in the woods in a log cabin, the fighting isnt the greatest at the moment but from what i hear its moving along nicely. For an indy it's relatively bug free, and i Can say that I've thus far been having loads of fun. The game will become more PvP oriented in the future, the time after launch is the rebuilding.

What's not so good are the character models, they're a bit beat looking and outdated, and character design plain and simple makes you go, ew, but after you log in you hardly notice. I'd say its in a better state than SWG when it launched (not to mention more sandboxy), def better than Darkfall at launch and with more features, and if I were to compare it to anything, I'd say it's UO in 3D w/o NPCs.

Oh... also for a pre order you get 2 months game time included. Try it out, and hey, support independent games. Oh and this is nothing like that steaming pile of poop, Mortal, that game was unplayable just before launch.

Posted: Feb 13th 2011 5:11PM Glyf said

Just preordered last week, joined a tribe, built a little town and really enjoying the hell out of this game. Can't wait for the prelude wipe and official launch!

This game rocks.