Posted: Jan 3rd 2011 10:28PM breezer said

Sai on...?

Exi..ss..yon?

Chiss eee ion?

chicksee yon

Ixion?

Scion?

Isn't an unpronounceable name a customer deterrent? Then again, marketing faux pas's are par for the course in the MMO world...

Looks interesting though (i have nothing constructive to say).

Posted: Jan 3rd 2011 10:58PM alucard3000 said

So they are taking pre-orders again?Must be running out of funds so looking for some more suckers,noty pass.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 12:42AM Graill440 said

Too funny.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 12:51AM Anticrawl said

If there is no subscription I'll support it for the hell of it.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 5:11AM Zuljundwumn said

"The Prelude is set in an isolated basin somewhere in the American wilderness, where survivors of the apocalypse will carve out humanity's future in an open-ended sandbox that will evolve according to the actions of its community."

The concept is great, but last mmo who tried to do that was mortal online... *cough*
Since that game, I stoped believing this kind of thing could be done on a mmo

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 10:37AM Ripper McGee said

They've been taking pre-orders continuously since last February. To the best of my knowledge, they've never stopped taking pre-orders. That's right - some people will have pre-ordered a year ago... Also, it was originally supposed to launch last March and allegedly had all features 80% done at that time.

I wish them well, and it looks really interesting, but I'll definitely wait and see what happens first.

@Breezer Agree, the name is a little weird. FWIW, it's pronounced "Zion"

@ Anticrawl it will be a subscription game

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 12:25PM Daemodand said

@Ripper McGee Shades of Dark and Light?

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 12:54PM Ripper McGee said

@Daemodand I sincerely hope not.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 1:36PM Jef Reahard said

It's more playable than Dark and Light. I pre-ordered last year and spent some time in the beta. It was fairly rough, but that was circa Sept/Oct. 2010.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 1:51PM FTPgodmode said

i thought it was pronounced z(eye)zon lol and im pretty sure they've been in open beta since last year as well. i heard pretty decent things about it last year, i wonder how it's doing now.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 2:32PM alucard3000 said

@FTPgodmode not open beta-paid beta,the people that pre-ordered last year were the ones that were given access.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 4:33PM FTPgodmode said

@alucard3000 lol i didnt realize because i remember they always had the "download now" button on their website. i must've truly thought that it was open beta cause of that. thanks for the clarification!

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 2:24PM SocksForYou said

No way. This has the whiff of another indie shoestring disaster a la Mortal Online.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 5:11PM ZedFontaine said

sorry folks, I fell for this hook line and sinker when I saw this post, firstly cause a mmo sandbox post apoc game seems, Mmm, interesting, especially with this set of graphics.

in any case I only for the game costs to worry about 30 euro isnt a bank breaker for a test into this world of game.

cyas!

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 5:34PM mmogaddict said

Sounds alot like an improved/better looking version of A Tale in the Desert, but with combat.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 6:22PM Haukeye said

I for one play this game now, And i can say that it is a LOT of fun. I am not sure why people want to post negative comments who have not even TRIED the game. I too have been burnt on games like MO and Dark and light (yeah i bought it ugg) But i can say without a doubt that this one will not fail.
Graphics are awesome and gameplay is too.
All i can say is If it sounds interesting give it a go. You wont be sorry.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 6:54PM Ripper McGee said

@Haukeye

* Because it was supposed to originally launch in March, 2010, not 2011

* Because the features originally promised as part of the initial pre-order last year may not all be in game for the launch a year later, even though they were allegedly 80% complete

*Because current pre-order customers/paid beta testers are unhappy with the state of the game (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3992725#3992725)

I truly hope Notorious can deliver, because they have a lot to lose if they don't, but right now it's not all sunshine and roses even according to current players.

~Ripper

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 7:18PM Haukeye said

Honestly i would not take anything that comes from MMORPG.com forums as information. most of the posts there are always negative. That site is notorious for there forums being horrid. And I would love for you to list this feature list that is not going to make it? And alot of games push back launch. If that upsets ya all i can say is wow, At least they knew they needed more time to launch.

Anyhow i did not come here to debate this game. I enjoy it and that is all i need to worry about. There will always be people who want to bash stuff about new games. I just choose not to do it.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 9:44PM Ripper McGee said

@Haukeye Actually, that thread isn't bashing the game at all. It's pretty tame. It also copy/pastes and links comments from current players on the official boards, which aren't all positive.

Should people bash the game without having tried it? No. Do they have a right to be skeptical of the claims, especially since the developer hasn't delivered what was promised and offered a product for sale last year when it was obviously not ready? Yes. You asked. I answered. Factually. There's no debate.

If you like the game, that's great. It's not up to me or anybody else to say you're wrong. I haven't played it, so I don't have an opinion on the game itself.

I hope Notorious is able to deliver. If they can, great. If not, they have have a lot to lose.

~Ripper

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 10:59PM Tazuras said

I must say the concept of the game is very interesting to me. I'm a big fan of sandboxes and skill dependent character building (instead of class dependent) .

After looking through their forums it does appear there is some discontent with the current state of the game but I would like to think it is mostly wrinkles that can all be ironed out.

I certainly hope to see more news about this in the future.