Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 8:14AM SgtBaker1234556 said

Two WoW subs (one for me, one for the wife).

Blew some of my liquid EVE ISK in PLEX'es and have 18 months of free EVE as a result (not playing, just switching skills every 25 days).

Thinking about LotRO - but probably just spending that time playing something on the console instead.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 8:40AM Bhagpuss said

I paid something like £40 in subs but I barely used any of the access I paid for. Almost all my MMO time was spent in games that I play for free. I also spent some money on virtual currency in those.

I pay the sub so that I can play *if* I want to, though. I think of it like insurance. You pay it so it will be there if you need it, but most of the time you never think of it.

I'll have a Rift sub to add soon, but I already worked out that I can afford two more MMO subs just by going back to walking to work as I used to do instead of being lazy and taking the bus. Better for me too!

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 8:43AM Theodorus said

Well, uhh, I spent 50 bucks on Turbine Points for "F2P" LotR.

Yeah, I know.

They were birthday and Christmas presents (gift cards) from the family, so it wasn't actually out-of-pocket.

Instead of mocking me, wish that your wives were that understanding...

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 4:03PM Faction 3 said

@Theodorus I lol'd at the last part.

True sir. Very true. If I had a transcript or video of me trying to negotiate my upcoming DCUO sub with the finace, you'd think it was a Senate Debate....

And I played WoW for 4 years before giving up in July of '09....so im perfectly able to afford it, but she just don't understand the logic of it.

sigh...

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 4:07PM Faction 3 said

@Faction 3 Eh...fiance*

Can't spell today.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 8:47AM Carefulwiththatpoptart said

Picked up 18 games on Steam for less than $50, thanks to the holiday sale, and $15 WoW sub. Not really a typical month, but still cheaper than a lot of other ways to entertain myself. Since I get about 9 hours a week to play, I should be busy till about March.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 8:57AM finsbury said

Two WoW subs (one for me, one for my daughter), and an AoC sub that came about from forgetting to cancel during my return for 'free' for 10 days offer :) I still very much enjoy AoC when I make time for it though, so will make the most of the 'slip' :)

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:11AM xyna031 said

62.99€ D:

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:19AM Irem said

I bought the Disciple of Balthazar/Melandru costume set in GW because I'm a sucker for costumes. D: So $10ish.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:23AM Scin said

Bought Darkfall for $7 on sale. Even if I don't resub after the first month it was still worth it. I will probably buy Rift but I haven't spent a dime since FFXIV since it left me a little burnt out from MMOs.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:23AM GryphonStalker said

$0

I play Global Agenda (Buy to Play) and have a month left on my Booster (Completely Optional and I'm Lazy ^^ )

And let me tell you, It feels so good, I've been playing Subscription based games for over 10 years now and been continuously paying for one or two subscriptions in that time. ...and I'm free!

Yay Buy to Play!

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:25AM Syesta said

2 subs (FFXI / Aion)
1 Microtransaction (Mabinogi)
1 Purchase (CoH Steam Sale)
------------------------------------------
Approx. $35

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:38AM Valdur said

Nothing as I don't find anything worth spending money on.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:45AM OghmaEh said

Nothing last month, though I'm getting low on Turbine Points for LOTRO.

Nothing this month, thank you to Massively for Going Rogue!

Next month, back to WoW and looking for a deal on Cata.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:48AM Naphilia said

For the first time in years I spent nothing the entire month of December on online games.
Somehow I'm in a consolidation phase atm where I'm trying to find the right game for this new year.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:58AM redsolar said

The sub for Cataclysm and the Rift beta which was free of course. Only other possible thing would be the adventure game "Drawn: Dark Flight Collectors Edition" I purchased for $20. Once Rift is up, I'll probably end up dropping Cata' and going full Rift.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 10:05AM MMOaddict said

Cata sub. EQ2 sub. Darkfall sub.

so about $45 bucks.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 10:20AM Sente said

I don't pay for any subscriptions-based MMOs monthly as it is now, I pay with longer time intervals. So nothing was actually paid for in December, but there are ongoing subscriptions in City of Heroes (6 month period) and Star Trek Online (12 month period).

Used a few cryptic points that I had in the STO C-store (200-300 points I think).

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 10:41AM aillas said

I splurged and bought a Turbine bundle of points, because they were on special (normal points plus nearly double in bonus points), for $49.95. I'm not sure what I'm going to buy in the store, but I don't mind supporting the game.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 11:00AM Beau Hindman said

I'm glad you didn't ask how much we've spent over the last 11 years -- sometimes having 6 subs at once, and a cash shop habit.

Last month, though, we spent:

1) 5 bucks for STO (writing about it for Rise and Shiny
2) 15 bucks for Leala's WoW sub
3) 10 bucks for Going Rogue (CoH) on Steam
4) 7 bucks for Runescape sub
5) 5 bucks for Dofus sub
6) Some tiny cash-shop purchases

Hmmm, not bad. Generally I don't have as much time to dedicate to one FTP, so my cash-shop amount has gone way down.

Beau