Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 7:37PM dnf1988 said

Don't fly unfitted ships ^^

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:08PM mko said

Haven't we just done that?

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 11:02PM Skyydragonn said

I've been playing EVE for a week now and while I'm not having near as much trouble as others. this is the only MMO i've ever played where i felt I needed an old fashioned style encyclopedia while playing >.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2011 5:02AM ArhK said

@Skyydragonn : Yes, I started to play it a little more than one year ago, and I kept most of my first month just reading, grinding the official wiki articles, going from websites to websites, learning and learning and learning...

Eve Online is the most complex and deep game I have ever seen.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2011 9:51AM Letrange said

All good advice. Also get your newbies and hauler pilots to scout for you. They may not be able to go about their business as usual but the more eyes and the more intel you get the better off you'll be and they can all be crammed into those T1 interceptor derivatives (Slasher, Condor, Atron, Executioner) and a) learn how to dodge a tackle and b) find the enemy and c) not loose a lot if they mess up. This also teaches them about situational awareness and how to coordinate together. Knowing where you enemy is and what he's doing is a good 80% of the work in doing what you want and not what the enemy wants you to.

@Sky: Eve online: we don't have a learning curve, we have a learning cliff - complete with overhangs and a bulldozer at the top for the unwary.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2011 4:01PM Dblade said

If you are solely PvE and don't want to fight, don't incorporate in the first place. Just create a chat and vent channel, and run mining ops together. Mining and trading wont get hit by the NPC tax, and most PvE corps don't really offer anything their tax would amount to. You'd just be making the ceo rich.

But if you want anything more, like a POS or wormhole, expect to PvP to defend it.