Posted: Jan 1st 2011 8:37PM Lucien said

I'd be very happy if FFXIV's new team can pull it together. The recent poll brought my hopes up, but it's going to come down to what they can deliver and how much the game stands out after 2011's other releases are up and running. I do feel that XIV can offer the kind of experience that the EQ, FFXI, AO and other Gen1 gamers often pine for, which is something none of these other new titles will be able to, but it needs to get out of limbo first.

Posted: Jan 1st 2011 8:47PM Khalus said

"Would you welcome changes to FINAL FANTASY XIV that would drastically alter the rules already set in Eorzea?"

This question alone in the recent player poll by Naoki Yoshida speaks major awesomesauce to come! I really hope he'll make the right choice and start converting XIV into more a mirror of what FFXI is. There are a plethora of features in XI that have never been copied by any other MMO and are quite amazing, and I'd love to see them in XIV someday. As you've said I wish to see durability removed, cause its just a hassle with weapons falling to 0% within the span of 2 hrs or less, and while you can still use it, the dmg output is lessened.

I would also love to see more of a hard level cap on items, thus making it easier to know what to buy, based on ones level and to show each players progress better. I can't tell ya how many players including myself are running around in lvl 40+ gear at lvl 1-10 because we can! Yeah the stats scale, but not as well as using the proper level of gear.

I wanna see the class names returned to their proper Final Fantasy staple, a better party system with proper SP gains, the "con" system from XI make an appearance as well as a plethora of different aggro mobs as XI has. There are far too many mobs that you can walk past with no sense or feeling of dangers, and that was one thing that made FFXI great. Also I wouldn't mind seeing a return of XP/SP loss upon death.

Heck I'd settle on them just scrapping XIV and recreating FFXI in its entirely with this new engine...hehe

Posted: Jan 1st 2011 8:49PM Nenene said

@Khalus
"Heck I'd settle on them just scrapping XIV and recreating FFXI in its entirely with this new engine"

I demand hi-res San d'Oria and Prishe in glorious multi-polygons.

Posted: Jan 1st 2011 8:47PM Nenene said

I for one will be shocked if we see PS3 version for FFXIV before September. There's just too much to fix. As for an expansion......yeah, no.

Posted: Jan 1st 2011 8:54PM Khalus said

Yeah I wouldn't expect to see the PS3 launch until late Sept. at the earliest, and Nov/Dec latest. We PC players are more than happy to play/test XIV for free until then.

Then maybe the 10,000 Crysta I bought at launch won't go to waste...rofl I guess one good thing is no matter when the free period ends, I still have 7+ months already paid for...

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 12:57AM Locus said

• 1 heart
Quote:
"Yes, I just left you wide open to post your magnum opus about how FFXIV is going to be shut down. You're very clever and we're all quite proud of you."

Eliot, no matter how subjectively offensive and reprehensible Final Fantasy Fourteen could ever have been to me, it barely registers next to the absolute contempt I have for you and the pathetic excuse of op-ed hyperbole that you call a "report".

Until you learn how to distinguish between personal catharsis and professionalism, it is profoundly clear to me that you will never garner the respect you think you deserve from massively readers, largely because you give them little to begin with.

Unfortunately, due to your concerted attempts over the last year to pigeonhole yourself into the stereotype of a whiny and petulant teenager with delusions of grandeur and unwarranted self-importance, it is exceeding difficult for me to imagine you as having any actual personality other than that.

I have to admit that watching you attempt to be condescending gives me a strange sense of schadenfreude akin to watching an exceedingly stupid and tone-deaf pet iguana try to sing the Marseillaise. One should perhaps not be complaining that it is done egregiously, but should rather be awestruck by the fact that such a Sisyphean task was even attempted in the first place.

Best of wishes for the new year, and I sincerely hope you are able to experience a swift and pleasant puberty.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 2:54AM Faction 3 said

@Locus You know what I have'nt had in awhile?

Big League Chew.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 9:09AM Nenene said

@Locus

Haha, oh wow, I missed that little gem.

Between this and the 'Why don't RPers stop sucking long enough to play my PvP Sandbox Game and be REAL men like me' article, I think somebody's boss needs to sit some people down and have a nice long talk.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 11:02AM Drunken Irish Sniper said

@Locus. Not like anyone that writes on any Joystiq site can be taken seriously. The writers are jokes and most likely payed off for good reviews and articles.

Though I think they are legally required to say they are receiving pay offs or gifts when they writing or reviewing something, which is why they delete posts so fast when you accuse them of it.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 8:55AM Dranaerys said

With all the great releases coming this year in the MMO world, I doubt I'll have time to give FF14 a second chance. All the best of luck to its supporters, though, may you get the game you always dreamed of.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2011 3:24PM Faction 3 said

@Dranaerys I know I'll be getting my Dream-Game!!

9 days and counting!

DCUO baby!! The TRAILER made me almost faint...