Posted: Dec 31st 2010 3:19PM sleepr said

@(Unverified) No, not really.

Posted: Dec 31st 2010 3:39PM Pingles said

I was never really sold on MMO cinematics being very important. In the past I had been more annoyed than interested in MMOs trying to be more RPG.

Cataclysm has changed that opinion for me. To be fair, WoW might very well have upped the cutscene quality well before Cataclysm but I only recently returned to the game and have had my socks repeatedly knocked off by how powerful the dramatic work has become.

In fact, I might actually give SWTOR a shot just because of it.

Posted: Dec 31st 2010 3:50PM DiscordSK said

@(Unverified)
Is it really that difficult to reserve judgement on something until you've actually played it?

DCUO is a perfect example, I loved the game... until I actually played it.

So take a step back, try the eventual beta, and relax with the misplaced rage.

Posted: Dec 31st 2010 4:26PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Yeah really....Check the official forums.....love the fanbois

Posted: Dec 31st 2010 5:20PM DiscordSK said

@(Unverified)
Really? Did TOR murder your children in their sleep? Or did it disembowel your dog and feast on its entrails?

I am seriously confused how you can be so mad at something that isn't out, you havn't tried, and never even gave a chance.

Because seriously bro...

U be mad.

Posted: Dec 31st 2010 7:16PM Pagan said

This game is going to be incredible.

Posted: Dec 31st 2010 7:19PM DiscordSK said

@Pagan
Hehe.. I've got to say, any game that finnally lets me deck a snarky NPC who says he'll only help me after collecting/killing/finding 10 of something or other, well.. thats just win.

Posted: Jan 1st 2011 2:28AM SgtBaker1234556 said

• 1 heart
I'm really torn (heh). I really hated Dragon Age - it had a "standard fantasy" story and the characters, their relations and the dialogue in between was annoyingly simple. The game itself was one heck of a boring grind with pointless random encounter system that really got on my nerves. I stopped playing half-way through because I was too bored.

Mass Effect2 on the other hand - brilliant.

So looking forward to this with mixed feelings. I'm not a huge fan of the SW IP, but if they manage to roll out interesting story, I might watch it once or twice (like you'd watch a good movie).

Posted: Jan 3rd 2011 12:27PM MW2772 said

Like many, I too remain cautiously optimistic about SWTOR. The incorporation of cinematics potentially yields a greater immersive experience if done correctly.